HD on 61 and 72

strak82

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Maine
Hi all,

I've been looking at 'the list' and was wondering some channels show up in both lists as being available (i.e. HBOZ is on both 61 and 72). I get a really poor signal on that channel, like 13% on 61, but going by the listing of the transponder it should be on on 72 I would get a great signal. Anyway my Dish 222 is defaulting to 61 for a lot the channels that are supposed to be on 72 as well and my question is why would it be doing this? Shouldn't I be getting the 72 sat for these channels? To try to simplify a lot of the channels in HD are listed on the 'the list' as being on both sats (61 and 72) and I was wondering if this is going to continue or will those HD channels on 61 be put permanently on 72. I know this is boggled a bit, as it's getting late and I'm over tired, but any insight anyone could give me would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Core programming should disappear off of 61.5 as time continues.

Where it gets the signal from for each channel, as it was explained to me, was the first satellite it finds the channel on. Therefore, if 61.5 had it first in the matrix build, you would find it there when you tuned to it. If the matrix found the channel on 72 or 77 first, it would build it there. Again, that was how it was explained to me by people in "the know", namely the guys who built the system. Not really sure of a method of changing that without potentially losing signals from other stations that are not simulcast on different sats. Honestly, re-peaking your dish (even if relocating is necessary) may yield you better results.

If you are going off of what sats HBO-Z is off of, that channel is only available HD? i remember noticing that channel has an odd sat combination that would cause it missing on some EA installs (depending on your equip). are you having some sort of issue like the channel missing out of the guide or an attention message on that channel?

edit : if you have VIP equip you can press the info button twice and see what sat your getting the channel off of in the upper left corner of the info

I am having the same problem...my receiver is picking the lowest signal instead of the other sat which is higher

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)