HD Only Pack and RSN's

butzchan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
I switched to the HD only pack assuming that I would lose all my RSN's. The CSR that did the switch for me told me initially that I could add my local RSN's, but was unsuccessful in doing so. I told him no problem, I figured this was the case.

Has anyone successfully added their local RSN's to the HD only pack? What about the multi sports package?

I switched to the HD only pack assuming that I would lose all my RSN's. The CSR that did the switch for me told me initially that I could add my local RSN's, but was unsuccessful in doing so. I told him no problem, I figured this was the case.

Has anyone successfully added their local RSN's to the HD only pack? What about the multi sports package?

I've tried about 4 or 5 times with different CSRs to add the multisport pack to HD only package. At first it lets them add it but then it tells them that you have to have AT100+ or above. I wish we could add it. I wrote an email to Dish about this. Here's their response:

"Thank you for your E-mail and bringing your concerns to our
attention.

At this time, due to contractual obligations, we are only
able to offer
the Regional Sports Networks to customers that subscribe to
the
"America's Top 100+" or higher packages. We currently do
not have any
other information regarding the possible future of the
sports networks
being offered with the HD only package."

I guess they don't want $5.99 extra per month from alot of willing subscribers.

I just sent them an e-mail:

Hello,

I recently switched to the HD Only Pack and was aware that I would lose all of my RSN's. I am also aware that Dish does not allow for an RSN add on with the HD Only Pack. I am one of many customers that would pay an additional $5.99 for added RSN's with the HD Only Pack. I would not, however, switch back to "America's Top 100+" or higher to get my RSN's.

Please take this into consideration for the future.

Maybe if they get enough, they might try to change their "contractual obligations".

I just sent them an e-mail:

Hello,

I recently switched to the HD Only Pack and was aware that I would lose all of my RSN's. I am also aware that Dish does not allow for an RSN add on with the HD Only Pack. I am one of many customers that would pay an additional $5.99 for added RSN's with the HD Only Pack. I would not, however, switch back to "America's Top 100+" or higher to get my RSN's.

Please take this into consideration for the future.

Maybe if they get enough, they might try to change their "contractual obligations".

I hope our emails work. The HD only pack would be perfect if we could add the multi-sport pack. I still cannot beleive they will turn down the extra income for them.

The question I've asked here on the forum several times and never gotten a response is: If/when HD RSN's go 24/7 (which could be as early as next year), will they be included in the HD only pack?

Apparently nobody knows.

The question I've asked here on the forum several times and never gotten a response is: If/when HD RSN's go 24/7 (which could be as early as next year), will they be included in the HD only pack?

Apparently nobody knows.

I doubt they will be included in the HD only. Big Ten Network is a 24/7 RSN and it won't be in the hd only after March. I've been told the only packages that will have RSNs are AT100+, AT200, AT250 and America's Everything. No other package is eligible. This is just plain stupid to me. I was told it was a contractual thing. Well, I almost have the mind to ask to see the contract. I'm an attorney and I'd love to see that contract to find out what it really says. I'm with my state's Attorney General's office and all of our contracts are public record. Too bad Dish's aren't.

I wish Dish would let you add rsn for a small fee and also sports pack to the all hd-package. I sure hope this changes in the near future. This all-hd package is great except for that. IN order to get my rsn i would have to pay for at 100 plus added to the hd package. I don't need all the crappy sd channels.

No phone line hooked up, so I can't upgrade through receiver. I was referring to my "guide". RSN's don't even show up on my channel list when I select all channels.

I also got a reply from Dish:

Thank you for your recent e-mail. Unfortunately we do not have any specific plans to offer the multi-sports pack in the HD only package at this time. We also do not have the option available to add the sports package a la carte.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. I appreciate your feedback and will forward your concerns to our programming department for consideration.

Thank you

Angeline Romero

I have just sent an email on my own showing my discontent on the RSN/HD only package deal. I signed up for the HD only about two months ago with the assurance that the Big10 network will remain in the package during the duration of my contract. Stupid me for believing a CSR. I should have reviewed these message boards before signing on with DISH. I happen to think that HD only package is an outstanding idea, I just wish there was a little more flexibility to the package. To all that feel the same, send an email to ceo@echostar.com. Power in numbers.

Great. Keep sending them.

Where are you located? I am in Cincinnati and still see Big 10 with the HD-Only pack.

I got Big 10 HD for the first month, then it went away... (I'm in MA)

Curiously, I lost Animal Planet and the NFL HDs today.

Adding HD? HAH!! I'm losing HDs!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts