HD Only Pack - Questions

I've got to get this HD only pack. My bill came in today at an all time high for not renting any pay per view AT250, up stairs 322 receiver, Max, + HD Ultimate (I know, I know) for $110.00. I figured what I'm paying now and haven't looked a whole lot into it is drop all the other non hd bs and pick up HBO, Showtime and Starz to go along with the Max and probably come out a little less.:rolleyes: I'll have to do something by losing MSNBC, Foxnews, Tru and ID to make the folks here happy.

Last week I switched us from AT250+locals+HDessentials to the HD Only package + locals + Cinemax for .01. If dish would add Fox News and the Nick channels, all would be well in our house. Fortunately we don't watch as much TV during the summer so hopefully by fall, some new contracts will have been signed.

How often does the box need to be connected to the internet to drop that $5 fee?

Im thinking of buying a evdo router for my wifes card, should allow for the box to be connected 75% of the time.

Should only be once a month, it will nag you after the nightly reboot if hasn't sensed a phone line or network.

How often does the box need to be connected to the internet to drop that $5 fee?

Im thinking of buying a evdo router for my wifes card, should allow for the box to be connected 75% of the time.

Should not need the router, if either of the computers are stationary (i.e. not a laptop) you should be able to turn on Windows internet connection sharing and run a crossover CAT5 cable from one computer to the Dish Network receiver. Technically this can still be done even if it is a laptop, but it would be cumbersome, and you would get nagged by the receiver every time it doesn't sense the network connection.

One of the earlier posts said "No RSNs" with HD-only. But a rep I spoke to said this was possible... So, is it in fact, NOT possible and the rep was blowing smoke? (I wouldn't be surprised. Yet another reason to start recording calls to any customer service facility.)

What about HD-only + the Multi Sport pack which would include all RSNs? Is that possible?

One of the earlier posts said "No RSNs" with HD-only. But a rep I spoke to said this was possible... So, is it in fact, NOT possible and the rep was blowing smoke? (I wouldn't be surprised. Yet another reason to start recording calls to any customer service facility.)

What about HD-only + the Multi Sport pack which would include all RSNs? Is that possible?

No

Your 322 will receive the SD versions of the HD Programs.....

You want get HDnet, HDmovies, HDTHR, UNIHD, SMITH, MGM, WFN, MHD, VS/GF, NBATV, NHLN, and HMC on your 322 but you will get the rest of the usual suspects. You might not get ABCFM as well, can't remember.

Just got my first bill after switching to the HD Only package. Should I be getting charged $7.00 for a Leased Receiver Fee?

Just got my first bill after switching to the HD Only package. Should I be getting charged $7.00 for a Leased Receiver Fee?

If you weren't being charged this fee before now and you have only one receiver, then you shouldn't be charged a leased receiver fee for changing to the HD Only package. Some customers who leased their 622 receivers when they first came out got stuck with this fee on their first receiver.

My wife says that we've always been paying this each month. I thought I remember paying $200 to upgrade from my 211 to the 622 with a 2 year commitment. Would that have been including a $7.00 lease fee? Doesn't seem right.

I contacted ceo@dishnetwork.com to complain about the SD equivalents of some of the new HD channels not enabled in the HD Only package. I got a reply and a phone call from an executive who was mystified by the situation and promised to get me an answer. Within a couple of days she called me back to tell me that she had a great deal of difficulty getting information (that figures -- Dish is notorious for poor communications) but she was able to determine that we are not supposed to get the SD versions. It had something to do with their process -- they had to enable the SD version before they could set up the HD version of the same channel and they have left the SD version with the HD Only package. This doesn't entirely ring true, because many of the SD versions have been enabled AFTER the HD version.

However, it appears to me that their intent is to provide us with the HD version only when they correct their technical processes.

When that happens, that means you will not be able to get these channels on an analog TV without an MPEG 4 receiver.

Just thought anyone considering the HD Only package should be aware of this...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)