HD Only Pack - Questions

rockandchelle

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
Ok, with more and more HD being added, I am considering going from the AT250 with HD to the HD Only Pack. But, there are a few things I want to get cleared up first.

1. Does the HD Only Pack include Regional Sports Networks. I live in Middle Georgia and currently get SportSouth and FSN South. I need to continue to get these. If they are not included, is there anyway to get them (extra fee?)
  2. Currently we do not get our HD Locals through satellite, but we do get them OTA. Will I continue to get my Programming Guide updates that match up with the HD OTA? And will I continue to get my SD Locals?
  3. If you get the HD channel (say USA for instance) to you continue to get the same channel in SD?
Thanks for your help.

No RSN's. You can add the SD locals for $5/month, and the HD locals will be included for free when available. Yes, we do get the SD version of USA, SciFi, NatGeo, Discovery, NFL, ESPN, and all the rest of the simulcast HD/SD channels.

I just now switched

To: HD-ONLY + BloomBerg(A La Carte) + penny Cinemax

This is great! I only lost a couple of SD channels that I liked(Comedy, Military) but I now get the Voom channels as a bonus and I am saving money big time.

Old Bill: $65.56
New Bill: $31.60

DVR Fee $5.98
HD w/locals $34.99
Access Fee $5.00
DHPP $5.99(free for now)

$51.96 (45.97 right now)

"Access" Fee?

You have another dvr?

I have the same setup but only pay the $46 and will drop the dhpp soon so that it goes down to $40.

Edit: Is that because you have no phone hooked up to it?

The net is that the HD Only Pack with locals and one DVR is $40.97+ tax, if you have phone line/broadband connected and dont count extras like DHPP, or HBO, etc.

How often does the box need to be connected to the internet to drop that $5 fee?

Im thinking of buying a evdo router for my wifes card, should allow for the box to be connected 75% of the time.

Well, I guess I wont' be able to do it, because I use my RSN's heavily. Oh, well...it was a good thought.

How often does the box need to be connected to the internet to drop that $5 fee?

Im thinking of buying a evdo router for my wifes card, should allow for the box to be connected 75% of the time.

The non-connection message is usually displayed the first time the receiver is turned on after the nightly download. If it is hooked up then, you should be ok.

Instead of starting another Dish HD only thread, thought I might throw a technical question I have up in this existing one...

For new installs getting DishHD only pack, which positions are needed? I am guessing 61.5 (since the person in this hypothetical is in PA, OK, this person is me, I am signing up later today and was curious how many dishes were gonna be needed) but would also assume a 110/119 (since EA isn't running yet)? Or is 61.5 all I will need, I don't plan on doing LiL (since mine are a while off and I get good OTA)

(Edit: Might have answered my own question: If I am going after the Max for a Penny, then I will need the 110/119)

Last edited:
Okay, what's this Max for a penny deal? I've seen many references to it and have been searching around trying to find more details, but can't find anything about what it is, or how you qualify for it. Are they really giving you the Cinemax channels for 1 cent per month? -Ken

If you sign up for Paperless Billing and Automated payments, you qualify for 2 yrs of the Cinnemax pack for a penny a month. (Those who have it, feel free to correct me if I am wrong)

Ok I'm looking at downgrading and having a little trouble doing the math. :) (normal)

Right now I have AT250 DVR Advantage with HD and 2 premiums (HBO and Cinemax). We almost never watch Cinemax, but we do watch HBO stuff from time to time. Oh... and locals.

I have a 622 in the living room and an old 508PVR up in the bedroom even tough we have an HD capable LCD up there. Not a HUGE deal and may upgrade it at some point but...

Here is what I *think* I' looking at

HD-only package plus locals - $40.97 (What FEES are in there? I see $29.99 for the package and $5 for locals is $34.99.... they hit you for a DVR fee?)

Add HBO - $14.99

I am assuming they'll tag me for an access fee for the upstairs receiver. 508PVR doesn't pay DVR fees. If I swap that to a 612 at some point will they hit me for BOTH a second receiver access AND a DVR fee?)

so... $40.97 + $14.99 + $5 (access fee for 2nd recvr) = $60.96

Am I doing this right? I'm paying $94.99 a month now .. actually $99.99 a month but I get a $5 credit per month for bundling the billing with my phone company. If I get teh same bundle discount then downgrading would be $5 less than that $60.96 (assuming I have all fees and stuff in here)... so $55.96 .... what am I missing?

thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)