HD only pack with Missing SD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
...You don't need the SD-equivalent channel unless you are using an old SD-only receiver.
There is another real good reason to have the SD channel. Sometimes I see an interesting program, let's say on the History Channel, but it is stretched and therefore unwatchable. In this case you go to the SD equivalent.

Ironic that we need the SD version to get the better picture.

You keep saying this, but...

I have a ViP622, and I have an HDTV hooked up to TV1 and an SD TV hooked up to TV2, and I can tune any HD channel and watch it on TV2.
Have you ever tried that ? You don't need the SD-equivalent channel unless you are using an old SD-only receiver.
I can watch HD channel on tv 2 ,But its 16:9 format ,and on an SD TV thats 4:3 doesn't work the way you claim is Good PQ. Its Black bars or overloads the screen. Thats it! . The picture isn't stretched to fill the screen like a SD channel does. Its again OVER Stretched, or OVER Cropped, Or it Letter box. If I Had a 16:9 SD tv It would Fill the screen normal and evenly. But 90% of SD tvs are 4:3. If I had a 60 SD tv in the bedroom,then I could live with it ,But since I have a 32" I can't. And I'm not going to buy a 16:9 HD tv when TV2 is still SD. You watch your over stretch or Zoomed TV2, Thats fine! ,But its unacceptable for me.

It's an HD ONLY package. We were fortunate to enjoy the SD alternates for awhile but I think that was not their intention. I replaced my TV2 crt with a 19" widescreen lcd.

What's interesting is that when the HD ONLY pkg first came out, people were up in arms BECAUSE there was SD programming also in it!

:)

...What's interesting is that when the HD ONLY pkg first came out, people were up in arms BECAUSE there was SD programming also in it! :)
I still am! :eek: :D

BTW the package being discussed has never been, nor will it be "HD ONLY", in the literal sense, until all those SD shopping channels (that pay Dish) and SD PI channels (that Dish must carry) are available in HD. And by then, all of the Dish packages will probably be "HD ONLY" :cool:

Talon Dancer

I still am! :eek: :D

BTW the package being discussed has never been, nor will it be "HD ONLY", in the literal sense, until all those SD shopping channels (that pay Dish) and SD PI channels (that Dish must carry) are available in HD. And by then, all of the Dish packages will probably be "HD ONLY" :cool:

Talon Dancer

So true!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)