hd only package confusion

10fthdscreen

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
pa
Ok, heres what I need. After 3 attempts with the CSR, and all the confusion, those of you who have the HD only package, what is the channel list? i tried dish's site but then am told its not right, so what are they?

Also, I have no localHD and probly won't for a long time, can I still get the local 4.99 sd channels with the hd only pack? one CSR said no, one said yes.

Thanx,

:confused:

Yes, you can get the locals with the HD only pack... (of course not in HD though).

The Channel list is pretty correct on their site, the only difference (last time I checked) was that the website did not list USA or SciFi (both of which ARE in the HD package).

Hi! :)

As an HD Only customer myself, I can tell you that you get ALL the non-premium channels (HBO, Showtime, etc). The list on the website is *mostly* correct, but you don't get Big 10 unless you are in one of the states that is supposed to get it, and you *do* get SciFi HD and USA HD even though they aren't on the list for some reason. In addition to the HD versions of the stations, you do also get the corresponding SD versions of the stations.

I'm not sure why they didn't list Sci-Fi and USA to the HD Only listings on the web page -- my worry is that, eventually, Dish Network will come back and claim that HD Only customers got SciFi HD and USA HD as a "free preview" and that we have to subscribe to the "America's Top" packages to get them. This Kinda makes sense to me since, most of the time, networks make all subscribers get ALL the stations the network owns if a provider wants to carry the "big station" -- IE, if a provider wants to carry The Disney channel, they must also carry Toon Disney, ABC Family, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, etc. I honestly think this is why Dish is having problems getting contracts signed to carry HD stations -- Dish doesn't want to give customers SD stations with the package, but the providers want Dish to give them these "secondary" stations if they are going to carry an HD station.

If you subscribe to locals, you do get your HD locals and SD locals. So, if there are no HD locals, you would get SD locals. You also get NASA TV and a bunch of SD shopping channels with the package.

Hope that helps!

I'm not sure why they didn't list Sci-Fi and USA to the HD Only listings on the web page -- my worry is that, eventually, Dish Network will come back and claim that HD Only customers got SciFi HD and USA HD as a "free preview" and that we have to subscribe to the "America's Top" packages to get them. This Kinda makes sense to me since, most of the time, networks make all subscribers get ALL the stations the network owns if a provider wants to carry the "big station" -- IE, if a provider wants to carry The Disney channel, they must also carry Toon Disney, ABC Family, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, etc. I honestly think this is why Dish is having problems getting contracts signed to carry HD stations -- Dish doesn't want to give customers SD stations with the package, but the providers want Dish to give them these "secondary" stations if they are going to carry an HD station.

Hope that helps!

"They won't come back and take away USA and SciFI, It was covered on the Charlie Chat that the HDOnly package will get all future HD as they are added this year, which is most all of the important ones. So far they have aded three and we got all three.

I'm not sure why they didn't list Sci-Fi and USA to the HD Only listings on the web page -- my worry is that, eventually, Dish Network will come back and claim that HD Only customers got SciFi HD and USA HD as a "free preview" and that we have to subscribe to the "America's Top" packages to get them.!

Channels in the "America's Top" packages were also included in the HD Only package from the beginning. Versus is a Top 250 channel and is included.

So there is no reason why SciFi HD and USA HD would be a "free preview" as they are part of the "America's Top" packages like all the other SD versions of the HD Only package (TBS, TNT, A&E, ESPN, ESPN2, etc.). SciFi HD and USA HD are probably mising because they are new -- it often takes Dish some time to update their info...

I think it is more likely that the HD Only package will sharply increase in price rather than exclude new HD channels, especially as Dish is planning more HD channels "soon"...

Ok, heres what I need. After 3 attempts with the CSR, and all the confusion, those of you who have the HD only package, what is the channel list? i tried dish's site but then am told its not right, so what are they?

Also, I have no localHD and probly won't for a long time, can I still get the local 4.99 sd channels with the hd only pack? one CSR said no, one said yes.

Thanx,

:confused:

see this thread for the list (post #35) and general discussion on how to get it
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-hd-discussions/134065-hd-only-package-denied.html

What states are supposed to get the Big 10 network? Is it ones with Big 10 universities in them? I live in Illinois do we get it? Just curious because I didn't see it in my guide the other day. Thanks. I think I even looked at the lineup on the website and typed in the channel number but didn't get it.

What states are supposed to get the Big 10 network? Is it ones with Big 10 universities in them? I live in Illinois do we get it? Just curious because I didn't see it in my guide the other day. Thanks. I think I even looked at the lineup on the website and typed in the channel number but didn't get it.

Unfortunately even in Big10 states, you do not receive the big10 network with the HD only package. I have been fighting to try to get it added (one email a week). Power in numbers, send an email and complain.

Unfortunately even in Big10 states, you do not receive the big10 network with the HD only package. I have been fighting to try to get it added (one email a week). Power in numbers, send an email and complain.

I am in PA, and the CSR told me I will get the BIg ten with the HD only package, so your sayin thats not right?

What email should I be sending weekly complaints to? I'll help :)

I am in PA, and the CSR told me I will get the BIg ten with the HD only package, so your sayin thats not right?

You will not be getting the Big Ten Network unless you subscribe to the Americas Top plan. I want to say you need top 200. If dishHD let you order the multi-sports pack it would be awesome.

I doubt there will be a price increase when the HD Only package does not allow any sports add-ons.

HD Threads should be posted in the HD Forum, as a note to OP.

I always knew I was special :D. I live in Wisconsin, sub to the HD only package and get the Big10 channel. The kicker is, I'm not a really big sports fan.:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)