HD-only pkg subscribers.. what happens in Aug?

zim2dive

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Cary, NC
From the Retailers chat.. is it clear what the impact is to the current subscribers of the HD-only pkg? Are we going to be forced into a different pkg, or rate increase, or is that still not known?

(I read thru the entire thread, but left still confused)

thanks,
Mike

Don't think anyone really knows what is going to happen.

Lately that seems to be the case more and more with Dish.

Good news for me is Verizon FIOS will be in the area by September, so I will have a good alternative.

I think, I hope.

Amen on the Dish confusion. I'm a dual subscriber, both Dish and Direct. When I signed on for Direct their website and package structure was light years ahead of Dish. I kept waiting to be confused and wasn't. Very simple. Isn't it amazing that Dish can announce a new package and there are 300 messages from people that are confused and have no idea what it actually means? That can't be good marketing.

Last edited:
Scott.
Will the grandfathered people also get the new channels that are added to HD packages?
I am interested in getting HD absolute before the new packages start Aug 1 with HBO and Starz. Can I assume that on 8/1 I'll get all the new HBO/Starz channels?
Thanks
John

No you wont get the HBO or Starz channels as Premiums are not included, however you could always add on Starz and HBO to your account and get the new HD channels.

Scott,

If I subscribe to HD Absolute before 8/1 does that mean we will get the RSN's or do we have to subscribe to the new Turbo packages.

Last edited:
Sorry Scott,
What I meant to ask was, if I changed my account to HD only package today and added on HBO and Starz at the same time, when the new HBO/Starz channels come onboard on 8/1, would I get those. It sounds like we're on the same page, just wanted to double check.
Thanks for such a quick reply, youre the man!

John

Scott,

If I subscibe to HD Absolute before 8/1 does that mean we will get the RSN's or do we have to subscribe to the new Turbo packages.

This is a good question! I like the idea that current customers will be "Grandfathered" in terms of price, but will the current package(DishHD-Absolute) continue in it's current form with no access to your RSN, or will it shift to a "TurboHD" package with grandfathered pricing?

Sorry Scott,
What I meant to ask was, if I changed my account to HD only package today and added on HBO and Starz at the same time, when the new HBO/Starz channels come onboard on 8/1, would I get those. It sounds like we're on the same page, just wanted to double check.
Thanks for such a quick reply, youre the man!

John

They have in the past, have not heard anything that this part will change.

Thanks very much for the info. Had no expectations of getting the Premium HD ch's for free, just happy to continue with my ~45 ch (locals) for ~$45/mo. At a price like that, I have no reason to even consider any other provider (IMO)...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)