HD OTA - how to get a good signal in the downstairs of a duplex

bplaney

Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
Just bought a nice LCD HD-TV. We had a no-cable/no dish situation.

I simply do not want to pay more than $20/month, including tax, for television programming - most of the channels are sh*t. I am what (I hope) can be called a casual viewer. So FTA and HD OTA are very appealing ideas. Also appealing is the prospect of getting programming from European channels, though I don't know if a PAL broadcast signal can be interpreted by my new set.

We rent the downstairs of an over/under duplex whose back yard faces north. My approximate coordinates are: Lat: 32.8 Long -96.8 (Dallas, TX, USA). There are trees, but they do not shade the roof. We would probably need to borrow a tall ladder to do anything up on the roof.

There is an unused coaxial connection high up on the back of the house, and I know which port feeds our interior. A line runs to our den/living room.

Though I am rather accomplished with computers (especially Macintosh) I am a TOTAL newbie to all of this FTA and OTA stuff, receivers, satellite dishes, etc.; so believe me when I say that I need the simplest instructions, step-by-step, as to what to do. If being downstairs, or the back of the house facing south is a problem, I would be grateful to be told so. If getting up on the roof is necessary, please say so. etc.

I would even be willing to pay for installation, if someone can point me to an honest and reliable person in my area.

Thanks!

Diplexer, OTA Antenna question

Atlanta, only one HD broadcaster?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts