HD Outage Flint DMA/Disable 61.5???

old corps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 13, 2005
Mid-Michigan
Evidently tp 03 on 61.5, that provides local HD in Flint, Mi is out. :mad:Unfortunately, this causes me to lose almost ALL my HD because the damned receiver doesn't have enough sense to go to 129. How do I temporarily take 61.5 out of the loop? I've covered up the LNB with foil and done a switch check to no avail. HELP?:confused: Thanks!

Ed

Last edited:
Flint comes from a spotbeam. If you're having troubles with other channels, it is likely that there's something wrong with your dish setup.

Has DISH Network confirmed that there is something wrong with your spotbeam?

You are correct that 03 is supposed to be a spot beam. It's weird though, it never says so when you check ss, always says transponder. I was able to take 61.5 out after another switch check. I haven't called Dish but get a message from 'em saying they are aware the channel is down, no need to call them and they are "working on the problem." The problem is/was when trying to view an HD channel the receiver would seem to always go to 61.5 and get no signal--except for HBO/Max (tp 13/110). Problem is temporarily solved now, just no locals in HD from Dish but I can get 'em via antenna. Thanks for your reply!

Ed

Last edited:
Same crap again! WTH they put Flint HD locals on the weakest tp/spotbeam on 61.5 is beyond me. :rolleyes:Got the "we are aware of the problem...." message again. GGRRR!:mad:

Ed

Am I they only one experiencing this problem with 61.5 in the Flint,MI DMA?:confused: I get good to great ss on most tp's but 03 tp or spotbeam sucks. Example: I get 75-78 on tp 01 but the best I get lately on 03 is 32 and now it is out again. When I try to tune to a Flint HD local I get a message from Dish saying they are aware of the problem, don't call 'em they are working to fix it ya-da, ya-da, ya-da. I end up covering up the LNB and taking 61.5 out of the loop because it ends up causing problems with other HD channels. PITA! I also have been having sporadic ss issues with tp 13 on 110, which is where HBO HD is located.
Anybody else experiencing this in the Flint/Saginaw/Bay City area?
Thanks for your input!

Ed

Am I they only one experiencing this problem with 61.5 in the Flint,MI DMA?:confused: I get good to great ss on most tp's but 03 tp or spotbeam sucks. Example: I get 75-78 on tp 01 but the best I get lately on 03 is 32 and now it is out again. When I try to tune to a Flint HD local I get a message from Dish saying they are aware of the problem, don't call 'em they are working to fix it ya-da, ya-da, ya-da. I end up covering up the LNB and taking 61.5 out of the loop because it ends up causing problems with other HD channels. PITA! I also have been having sporadic ss issues with tp 13 on 110, which is where HBO HD is located.
Anybody else experiencing this in the Flint/Saginaw/Bay City area?
Thanks for your input!

Ed

I am not in Mich but in Indianapolis. I have been having trouble with the 61.5 sat for about 3 weeks. Not sure if it is the sat, my dish or switch. I had the whole system rewired and the dishes re-tweaked with the same intermittent problem of VERY LOW TP power or signal and drop outs on the 61.5 sat. This causes the 222 and 622 to require a reset and download of guide data to get up and running again. The problem comes and goes and Dish told me they need the error messages displayed on the screen to help me. Soooo.. next time I will have to write them down and then call Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)