HD Over The Air

No_Brains

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Princeton, WV
i have a question about HD ota. i currently have dish network and have the vip hd receivers amd i want to get hd ota. is there a certain antenna that i need? is it based on your area (like zip code) because i live in ghent, wv area right at the winter place ski resort so there there are lots of mountains in the area. my zip code is 25843 if that helps! i would just like to have some hd ota since dish network dont even provide me with locals in my area. but how do i even know if my local providers are in hd?? i just know that the one here which is WVVA is hd but i dont know about the others>

i hope i have provided enough info to help.
any help is appreciated

I'm really happy with my DB-4 from antennasdirect.com.
I got one too and it is very well made, but I replaced it with a Winegard PR-4400 which is about half the price and yields a stronger signal. However, you need something more than a medium directional antenna and a Channel Master 4228 or Winegard PR-8800 would fit the bill for a long range antenna. But another problem is that your transmitters are in multiple directions, so you may need to combine multiple antennas to get everything.
BTW, go to HDTV Primer for info on installing antennas.

Last edited:
i have a question about HD ota. i currently have dish network and have the vip hd receivers amd i want to get hd ota. is there a certain antenna that i need? is it based on your area (like zip code) because i live in ghent, wv area right at the winter place ski resort so there there are lots of mountains in the area. my zip code is 25843 if that helps! i would just like to have some hd ota since dish network dont even provide me with locals in my area. but how do i even know if my local providers are in hd?? i just know that the one here which is WVVA is hd but i dont know about the others>

i hope i have provided enough info to help.
any help is appreciated

Definately check out AntennaWeb, they helped me to determine the antenna I needed.

Also, on a side note...how are the conditions at Winterplace, I am going to be going there in about a month...hopefully everything will still be good then.

everything good here at winter place got a trace of snow last night but not even an inch its currently only 6 here so it was a very cold night. i dont ski but i like snow tubing .

its great here have fun when you come