HD Pack

reseman5

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
Since I can't get an answer from a CSR I'll try here. I currently have the Top 200 w/ the HD Ultimate pack. I'm thinking about switching to the stand alone HD package.

I only have one HD receiver and a dual tuner 322 in the bedroom. Would the 322 be able to pick up those HD feeds (it doesn't currently seem to do that)? That is the only thing that is keeping me from switching packages.

Ok a second question. I currently have the HD Ultimate. If I switched to the Top 100 from the 200, would I lose any HD channels?

I think I would lose Animal Planet but I'm not sure how that works.

Since I can't get an answer from a CSR I'll try here. I currently have the Top 200 w/ the HD Ultimate pack. I'm thinking about switching to the stand alone HD package.

I only have one HD receiver and a dual tuner 322 in the bedroom. Would the 322 be able to pick up those HD feeds (it doesn't currently seem to do that)? That is the only thing that is keeping me from switching packages.

When you have the HD only pack you still get the SD version of any channel that has one, so you will get any channel that also has an SD version on your 322.

When you have the HD only pack you still get the SD version of any channel that has one, so you will get any channel that also has an SD version on your 322.

Ok that makes sense to me now. That will be a good move since I would only be losing Comedy Central from the channels I usually watch, and I can see most of it online.

Yeah he says that but I don't get the SD versions of USA or SciFi. Anyone know what satellite they are on?

I'll be very surprised if Dish doesn't add the SD versions of SciFi HD and USA HD to the program guides of dishHD (only) subs next week. All the other HD channels that have SD equivalents are included in the dishHD (only) package. Even CNN HD that was added last Wed. has both the SD & HD channels. But you never know. AFAIK Dish has never been specific about how these SD channels will be handled.

Talon Dancer

CNN SD was not immediately made available to the HD Only pack last week. It was turned on sometime within 24 hours of CNN HD being added. My guess is that someone forgot to add CNN SD, and then have forgotten to add SciFi and USA SD. Must be a flag or something they need to flip for SD channels to be available in the HD Only pack.

As suspected, the SD versions of SciFi HD and USA HD were available to dishHD (only) subscribers by Mon PM :)

Talon Dancer