HD Pak and Center Ice

gary08

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 19, 2005
I have the center ice package and am thinking about downgrading to the HD only package, anyone know if the CI package can be ordered/renewed with just the HD pak and locals?

Thanks.

I downgraded to HD Standalone pack yesterday and they told me I could not have any sports subscriptions or RSN's. You will get public access channels, premiums including any SD version, and adult subscriptions.

I had center ice this past year and I also watched soccer on voom wordlsport, FSC, and GOLTV so I sacrificed a lot to get this HD only pack. But I figure I'll have a lot more time to do other things now. My bill went from $120 to $60 so I'm very happy. Between NHL games on HDNET, VS, and NHL net, there should be an HD game almost every night during the season. I can live with that.

I downgraded to HD Standalone pack yesterday and they told me I could not have any sports subscriptions or RSN's. You will get public access channels, premiums including any SD version, and adult subscriptions.

I had center ice this past year and I also watched soccer on voom wordlsport, FSC, and GOLTV so I sacrificed a lot to get this HD only pack. But I figure I'll have a lot more time to do other things now. My bill went from $120 to $60 so I'm very happy. Between NHL games on HDNET, VS, and NHL net, there should be an HD game almost every night during the season. I can live with that.

Thanks for the reply.
I think what I will do is downgrade to the HD only pak, and when the Hockey season begins upgrade to the 100 pak or something just get the CI package.
I am on automatic CI renewal, so I will wait and see how that goes as well.

Thanks for the reply.
I think what I will do is downgrade to the HD only pak, and when the Hockey season begins upgrade to the 100 pak or something just get the CI package.
I am on automatic CI renewal, so I will wait and see how that goes as well.

I'm not sure I'll be able to resist the urge to get CI again myself come October. I was wondering about the automatic CI renewal as well. I guess we'll find out.

The only problem with the 100 pack is it doesnt include VS, which IMHO seems a shame not to invest in if you're a hockey fan investing in CI.

But I guess if you pay $100 per month for 7 months and $50 for the other 5, it still averages to $80.

If dish still doesnt have MSG HD by hockey season, I don't think I'll renew my CI anyway. Heck, the way Dish is going, there may be no sports subscriptions left next season. CI wasnt confirmed till opening day this season. I was sweatin bullets. After being with D* for 9 years, that was a rude awakening and initiation to becoming a E* customer.

Now I'm kinda getting used to the Charlie-isms:(. I love my 622 that much.

I have the center ice package and am thinking about downgrading to the HD only package, anyone know if the CI package can be ordered/renewed with just the HD pak and locals?

Thanks.

I have the CI package (although the remaining games this year are on Versus and NBC). When I switched to the HD Only package 2 months ago, I was told there was no problem in having CI and HD Only, both at that time and future years.

However, I may not go with CI next season because Dish advertised that "most" of the games would be in HD and it turned out to be more like 15% because Charlie hasn't negotiated a deal with many of the RSN's.

The way I figure it, next year there will be HD games on Versus Monday and /or Tuesday, NHL network Wednesday and Friday, HD Net Thursday and Saturday and NBC on Saturday/Sunday after football season. Enough hockey for even this old right winger...:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)