HD pic stuck on SD: Normal

Alamat

Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
I used to be able to switch from the 1080i at 16:9 with no problems thru the menu on the 811. Now, its stuck at 1080i at 4:3 with people looking wider and shorter. I tried several switches from 720p to 480p back to 1080i then 16:9 to 4:3#1 to 4:3 #2 to no avail. I also tried the power reset on it, holding the button, etc.. still no go.
Does anyone know what else I can do besides calling up Dish again?

This is a long shot, but you may have an input designation on your TV menu (as opposed to 811 menu) that you inadvertently switched to 480i.

Thanks for the replies guys.
I have it hooked to a Sanyo PLV-Z1 which is set to full. This has been like that when I first had HD. Also, I tried hooking it up to my 65" HDTV and it still does that.

What are you trying to do it's not really clear to me. Are you trying to stretch 4:3 SD content to fill your 16:9 HD TV.

Or is the HD being output in 4:3 mode and you need it to be 16x9

Answer for #1 is the following: Press the page up button to change the zoom modes on the HD outputs to stretch a 4:3 image.

Answer for #2 is the follow: Your TV needs to be set on wide mode and the 811 has to be set to 16x9 (Menu 6-1-9)

Its actually ur 2nd question, the HD pic is in 4:3 when it used to be real 16:9. I have the projector set on widescreen which is full for this kind of pj, and the 811 using the HDTV set-up on 16:9 at 1080i. I must also mention that the pj locks into 16:9 when outputting 1080i so the fault isn't on it but on the 811.

You will lose your favorites, but that's better than talking to a Dish CSR; select Restore Factory Defaults in the Menu and activate it. It solved a problem I had going between options on the HD setup menu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts