HD Picture Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sha425

Original poster
Mar 13, 2016
missouri
Hi guys, I'm new here :)

Recently dish emailed me about my receiver being out of date and I schedule a time for it to be replaced. After the new one was installed, everything looked amazing for a short time and now I'm experiencing issues. I've tried sorting it out with dish but after going through all their checks/steps I was told I needed to pay for a tech to pay a visit. I'd like to avoid paying extra so any help you can provide would be super appreciated! The signal shows above 50, nothing outside seems to be blocking dish, everything seems to be securely plugged in, and I've tried unplugging and restarting the receiver. When I'm using my TV via other inputs (bluray, apple tv, etc) the picture looks fantastic as usual so I assume this is a dish issue. I'm not sure if the photos help b/c of how screens photograph but I posted a few.

Specs

-VIP612 HD Solo DVR
-VIZIO 55" Class 1080p LED Smart HDTV - E55-C2

Issues
-Terrible picture (fuzzy soft image, tiny horizontal lines running across screen from top to bottom, blacks look too bright and terrible, coloring is off...ppl look orange, white things look pinkish and blown out)
-The format button does nothing (used to work to change the picture format...normal, stretch, zoom, grey bar, etc. Worked before and now it doesn't change anything)

-menus seem to be warped towards the middle and righted on the ends
-refresh rate seems greatly diminished

Let me know if I missed any details. I'd love any advice...thanks!

IMG_8562.JPG
IMG_8563.JPG
IMG_8565.JPG

After some digging I can see when I switch between inputs and go back to Satellite it's saying it's 480i. Does anyone know why it wouldn't be 1080?

Is your dish receiver set to 1080? Go to system setup and select HDTV setup. Change the setting to 1080. I don't have that particular model so I can't tell what numbers to push. On my 722 its menu,6,8

Is your dish receiver set to 1080? Go to system setup and select HDTV setup. Change the setting to 1080. I don't have that particular model so I can't tell what numbers to push. On my 722 its menu,6,8

It's already set up 1080...thanks for the reply, though!

Likely one of two things;
Change the DISH receiver to 480I, go to any channel, then unplug the receiver. Wait a minute or so and plug it back in, when it is all done restarting go back and set it to 1080I. Sometimes the receiver isn't at 1080I even though it says it is.

Second and really I should say first, it looks like an HDMI cable problem to me. Use a different cable, and/or a different HDMI input. Also be certain the cable is securely plugged in on both ends.

Are the TV and receiver both set to "full" or "widescreen" under format? If not it may be taking your HD signal and making it look like SD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts