HD picture quality from All America Direct/DNS

johnwadams

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
Arkansas
In the last topic, only one person mentioned the HD picture quality.
I don't like the price but would like to hear from others about the HD picture quality off the Chicago feeds from All America Direct. Also, what satellite are these on??

We RV about 4 months out of the year and I want something that gives me networks in HD anywhere i am and don't like the problems people go through trying to set up DirecTV in the field for HD. Plus a lot of RV domes will work with Dish HD but not Directv HD.

Thanks

Last edited:
The picture quality and audio quality is EXCELLENT for L.A. distants. There are no pixelations, or audio reverbs unlike my hd locals from Houston on DISH. I have watched them and they truely look better and the sound is 5.1 on ABC,CBS,NBC while Fox is showing DD 2.0 on most of the shows during the day. Now that being said , is it worth $24.99 a month for 4 hd nets?

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO FFFFFFF*******KKKKKKIIIIINNNNNGGGGG WWWWAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!:rant:

I have the Chicago channels until my month runs out. The PQ is excellent, although I have seen pixelation at least 20 times since getting them Friday. I get a 85 signal level on that transponder.
I have seen this on the NBC and CBS feeds.

The picture quality and audio quality is EXCELLENT for L.A. distants. There are no pixelations, or audio reverbs unlike my hd locals from Houston on DISH. I have watched them and they truely look better and the sound is 5.1 on ABC,CBS,NBC while Fox is showing DD 2.0 on most of the shows during the day. Now that being said , is it worth $24.99 a month for 4 hd nets?

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO FFFFFFF*******KKKKKKIIIIINNNNNGGGGG WWWWAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!:rant:

So, out of curiosity then, why are you buying it? No local HDs where you are?

No. I have hd locals from Houston with DISH, that I "moved" to get. I have my real locals from Beaumont ota in hd. I wanted to see what the distants were like in terms of picture quality. I vowed one month only and I paid 24.99 for it. I also called today and told them to cancel it at the end of the month term: 7/12/09. If the price had been reasonable for distants , I would of kept hd with AAD for L.A. and "moved" back to Beaumont for my own area with DISH. I would of had the best of both for time shifting. I loved having east/west nets and the superstations 10 years ago when DISH could provide them. I am really sad to see AAD price the distants so high that most people can't even sub to them.

Right. No locals, in Sharp County Arkansas. With a good outside antenna I should be able to get ABC.
DirecTV gives my neighbor alll 4 out of New York in HD and his looks great.
AAD now gives me all 4 but they show I can not have ABC on their new chart.
I was going to change to D* this summer but it's a pain to use their HD when on the road. Plus for years this forum says E* has the best HD DVRS.

Sorry but that idea, while it sounds good, really involves stealing - with multiple accounts using the same service. I deleted it.

Wouldn't be much of a steal for me.:D
I would be the one getting ripped off.:(
Not stealing anyway. Its account stacking. Stealing is taking something without paying for it.
Account Stacking isn't aloud with D* or E*, But I've yet seen anything forbidding it from All American Direct.

I would think the picture quality would be about the same as the HD LiLs on Dish. They are running 8 HD's on the one 8PSK transponder for the HD distants. Compare that to the typical spotbeam transponder for an HD LiL where they run 4 HD's on one TP typically. You might think the bandwidth would be more but actually it isn't. Most of the time I see about half of the transponder with null packets. So I'd say it's safe to assume the bandwidth of the two are about the same per channel.

Quality is pretty darn good if you ask me on LA and Chicago feeds. BTW, they're on 110 Satellite, Transponder 17.
Thanks for the Sat info.:
This would make RV set up much easier with just having to hit 110 and 119.
I don't know where the majority of the CONUS HD are, but when on the road now I only use 119. I don't seem to loose anything important.
Even though the price is high, AAD, and Dish, are missing the boat if they don't try to contact RV'ers with motorhomes. (Not me, just a small fifth wheel) Most have domes and the majority will not work with DirecTV HD and only a few can be upgraded. Everyone we travel with has D* but only one has set up an HD system. These folks have the money to pay whatever for service and since around 2007, most motorhomes come with flat screen HD tv's. In following several Yahoo groups, people are avoiding portable domes and "cubes" because they are not compatiable with D* HD.

I am sorry if this has been beat to death, but did this ruling just bring the distants back to the people who had them before or does everybody have the chance to get them if they pay for them. I put in my info into mydistantnetworks.com and it said not eligible for each one.

"They are using FCC digital prediction maps to re-qualify. It does not matter that you (or I) had waivers. It all starts again."

UPDATE: AAD had made a mistake. If you had gone through the waiver process to get their SD feeds, you can now add those same networks in HD (but different cities). I did that today, giving it a three month trial on their get three months for the price of two offer. HD Picture quality is top-notch on my 722k.

Last edited:
They are using FCC digital prediction maps to re-qualify. It does not matter that you (or I) had waivers. It all starts again.

I guess that was my question, so we still need waivers, I thought the way the guys were talking before all that is null and void and everybody was just able to get them. Just me pipe dreaming again.

I guess that was my question, so we still need waivers, I thought the way the guys were talking before all that is null and void and everybody was just able to get them. Just me pipe dreaming again.

You can easily use a "moved" address to qualify. The following zipcode qualifies for both cities; 71945. Now it will work, if you want to pay $ 24.99 a month per city or $9.00 per network.

"They are using FCC digital prediction maps to re-qualify. It does not matter that you (or I) had waivers. It all starts again."

UPDATE: AAD had made a mistake. If you had gone through the waiver process to get their SD feeds, you can now add those same feeds in HD. I did that today, giving it a three month trial on their get three months for the price of two offer. HD Picture quality is top-notch on my 722k.

UPDATE: AAD had made a mistake. If you had gone through the waiver process to get their SD feeds, you can now add those same feeds in HD. I did that today, giving it a three month trial on their get three months for the price of two offer. HD Picture quality is top-notch on my 722k.

So you can get the NY/SF networks in HD in addition to the CHI/LA networks?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts