HD Picture Quality Improving?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think the PQ really rocks on DISH and I am surprised based on all the comments I heard about DISH before. I am not sure if this is do to work they have done recently or the new 942 I am using or a combination of both. I hope they keep the quality up. It will give them a competitive edge with D*. I don't even want them to try to squeeze more HD channels in if they have to take bandwith away from the existing. Down with HD lite.

Our local cable co, Direct TV, or DIsh, the HD PQ winner is Dish by a longshot, people who have Direct TV HD light are missing out.

My HD is great from my 811 but I can't brag about SD. I only hope someday they let current customers in on a HD DVR. :mad:

vurbano said:
I always thought that Equator's PQ problems were not a function of Rainbow1 or compression or downrezzing but rather a problem at the source.

That may be... but regardless, Equator is pretty bad sometimes.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with Dish HD and the 942 DVR. It's everything VOOM should have been. (although the HD isn't up to the 39 Channels VOOM had...Yet)

Most HD available
Full compliment of SD channels
HD DVR

I would rather have 10 channels of VOOM with outstanding PQ than 39 in HD lite.

sixbears said:
I vote you send him a nice thank you email, to let him know that his efforts to improve PQ have not gone un-noticed. Bads news travels quick, and many times good news never travels at all
I just fired off an email to the compression tech thanking him and letting him know you guys are noticing their efforts and also asked him about EquatorHD. I'll post the response when I get it.

I, too, noticed what I thought was an improvement in PQ over the past few days and wondered if it was just my imagination. I guess not!

When Dish first started schelpping out the VOOM channels, they were definitely a tad soft. Now they look just about as good as I remember during my time with the full VOOM service. I have the 811 unit, not the 942.

Discovery HD Theater and TNTHD also look better.

I still think the 5.1 sound of the VOOM channels kicks booty over the other HD channels.

Yes, Equator is still a bit off, but then it always was a bit off -- like others, I suspect the source content as the issue. However, Equator PQ has also improved from what it was two weeks ago.

Guys, good news! Here's the reply I received from my contact at Dish:

Darrell,

Thanks for the positive feed back on what we are currently doing. I am working closely with the provider to clear up a few more items on the new VOOM Channels, what you are seeing on Equator HD is coming into DISH Network that way and I am on the phone daily with the provider to resolve it. I hope to have all issue clear up in the next week. SO thanks again for the positive note and We are always striving to provide the best quality out there.

Thanks

(Name removed by me)

Keep up the feedback and I will keep him posted with your comments.

wbuffetta said:
DarrellP any word from your contact on when more Voom channels will be comming our way?
I didn't ask, I'll leave that up to Scott & Sean (I'd hate to steal their thunder). ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)