HD Picture Quality

kokomogator

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Looks like everyone is so excited about the new receivers that PQ is no longer an issue. I know it has been discussed to death but I believe that it becomes "out of sight, out of mind". Dish was hoping everyone would forget about this issue and just be all excited that they had new HD content and new MPEG4 receivers....looks like they were right.

It's truely a shame that we have lost the great HD quality on the Voom channels and no one seems to care anymore. How long will it be before the rest follow suit...:(

Many cable systems are not doing HD Lite, but then again they dont have Voom. You just cant win. Cable will probably start doing HD Lite next.

Maybe the content quality on Voom has to get good before they deserve to get good picture quality :D That's one of my reasons why the Voom pq isn't bugging me, I barely watch them.

BFG said:
Maybe the content quality on Voom has to get good before they deserve to get good picture quality :D That's one of my reasons why the Voom pq isn't bugging me, I barely watch them.

I agree that content is pretty sucky.....I do love Monsters and Rave tho and have seen the signal degrade to crap...you can really tell on the old black & white classics like the Wolfman or Bride of Frankenstein. Rave has had some really good concerts but definitely need to add more content. Voom does have a tendancy to loop the same stuff over and over. Main reason (besides the quality factor) that I am not jumping through hoops to upgrade to MPEG4. So what.....upgrade to see the same old same old + pay an additional $15.00 a month + the cost of receiver.....no thanks.

Guess my biggest concern is that if we except the PQ as it is, they may decide it's good enough for all the HD channels and I don't want to see Discovery go down that path...

I completely agree regarding the Voom content... I don't watch something just because it looks good, and that's about all Voom ever had going for it.

I really think that they should fix the HD quality on the Voom channels, specially on equator, monsters, and rave. I miss the full HD on Ultra too, hot girls in bikinis works. We pay for what the advertise as HD, and Voom really needs more content instead of the same looped BS. My new 211 kicks serious ass (i just thought I mention that) way better than the 811.

pez419 said:
I really think that they should fix the HD quality on the Voom channels, specially on equator, monsters, and rave. I miss the full HD on Ultra too, hot girls in bikinis works. We pay for what the advertise as HD, and Voom really needs more content instead of the same looped BS. My new 211 kicks serious ass (i just thought I mention that) way better than the 811.

I really think this issue will be fixed sometime in the near future. It has been noted that Dish is changing the rez on the Voom channels because of the fiber that is being used to deliver the channels. A second fiber line is being run and once this is completed we will probably see Voom back at full rez.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts