HD Programming on SD TV?

Snakedoctor

Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
I don't have an HDTV yet, but I am considering getting an HD DVR and take advantage of the free 6 months of HD programming offer. I have a nice SD TV, but what would the downconverted picture look like? I know that sounds stupid, but the reason I am considering this is because I am a huge hockey fan, and I want NHL Network plus my Center Ice SD games look pretty crappy. Would the HD games look better? Is this even worth me doing? Thanks in advance.

I don't have an HDTV yet, but I am considering getting an HD DVR and take advantage of the free 6 months of HD programming offer. I have a nice SD TV, but what would the downconverted picture look like? I know that sounds stupid, but the reason I am considering this is because I am a huge hockey fan, and I want NHL Network plus my Center Ice SD games look pretty crappy. Would the HD games look better? Is this even worth me doing? Thanks in advance.

It will look fine. I have a tv setup like this at the moment and the hd channels look pretty good. I woul say better than the sd counterpart. It just puts bars at the top and bottom to make for a 16x9 picture. You lose some size but game field of view in sports, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)