HD Question for Second Television

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brinkleynpd

Original poster
Feb 7, 2010
virginia
I am currently running a dual HD DVR receiver (VIP 622) on my primary television. I have just uprgaded my second televsion from a standard definition set to a HD Samsung set. My question is this. Is there anyway to run a single HD receiver (such as VIP 211) to the second tv to receiver HD programming and still utilize the functions of the dual HD DVR receiver that is connected to my primary set? If not, is it possible to add a second dvr receiver (VIP 222) to use in conjuction with the first. Either way, could I connect the current coax cable that is currently running to my second televison to the new receiver or would I have to reconfigure the wiring setup to receive programming. My apologies if I have confused anyone with this issue, I am just trying to find the most cost-effective route possible in regards to initial setup and monthly payments (receiver and DVR costs).

Thanks in advance for any help and/or advice,

Scott

The only way that you can access the 622's dvr is through the 622. If you are wanting HD on the second TV from the 622, you can connect component or HDMI (whichever one you're not using on the primary TV), but both TV's will have to share the same tuner.

I think the cheapest alternative would be to buy a 211 and pay a one time fee of 39.99 to enable an external hard drive, which will make the 211 a dvr.

Either way, could I connect the current coax cable that is currently running to my second televison to the new receiver or would I have to reconfigure the wiring setup to receive programming.
Each receiver must have a line direct from the dish/switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)