HD Question?

Lolly

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2006
I know this may be a stupid question but I was wondering can HD only be viewed on a new TV set or will it come thru on any set ??

It will display on a normal set...but it won't much different than a SD picture. It will be resized to fit the screen.

If you don't have a HDTV, there is no use getting HD service.

I was just wondering if there were better movies playing or do they show the same ones as the Reg HBO, STARZ and Etc. does?

If you have a newer SD set with component / s-video inputs, HD will look much, much better than SD. A lot of SD sets have a horizontal resolution of over 700 lines through the component or s-video inputs. Broadcast analog TV only has a horizontal resolution of 336 lines, so HD through the video inputs can look at least twice as sharp. If a DVD looks better than SD programs on you set, then the HD channels will look better than SD version.

I agree with caam1. I got HD through time warner before i even had HD TVs (I had two pretty good Sony SD CRTs at the time). I got it because it was the same price to lease the HD boxes as it was to lease the SD boxes, and i wanted to experiment with it.

HD picture quality on the new-ish TVs that caam1 mention looks AMAZINGLY better than SD. And the TVs dont even have to be new-new, just kinda new (my SD Sonys were from 1999 and 2000), and they probably will have the connectors that caam1 mentions..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)