HD Questions

ScottZ3

Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
Pittsburgh
Hey,
I'm new to this site and I have a couple of questions. I've had Dish for a little over a year. I have one box that runs two tv's and one HD box. I get all my local hd channels with a Terk over the air ant. I was wondering if any of you have any problems switching channels from over the air to a satelite channel. At times when I do it says that the signal is lost and the system reboots. It takes a few minutes. I've called Dish a few times and they tell me that the signal had been lost and the have me change transponders. The thing is there is no menu when this happens, no signal strength or anything, everything freezes. Any help with this would be a great. Also, is dish the place to be for hd? I've read a little about new boxes coming out. Will I have to purchace new equipment? I now rent my box. What bennifits will I see with it? When will Dish be adding ESPN 2 hd? Last question, I promise, does Fox sports net, not Fox Sports have an hd channel?
Thanks for reading,
Scott

It is probably an 811 receiver, at times when you are one one source for a period of time it takes a bit of time to switch and a acquireing signal scene apears. If this is what you are seeing, it is not a reboot, and is caused because one or more of your antenias are not pointed quite right. Most times it is your ota antenia and depending on your location in relationship to your towers, there is not much you can do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)