HD Ready TV and VIP 622 Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tangreg

Original poster
Jul 3, 2006
I have a Sony Wega 16X9 HD Ready TV. I just got DIsh Netowrk HD package, and the HD programming is great. However, my locals do not come in HD. Do I need to get an antenna to connect to the back of the VIP 622? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

tangreg said:
I have a Sony Wega 16X9 HD Ready TV. I just got DIsh Netowrk HD package, and the HD programming is great. However, my locals do not come in HD. Do I need to get an antenna to connect to the back of the VIP 622? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

If you subscribe to locals and you are lucky enough for Dish to have your Locals in HD on satellite then you just need the appropriate Dish or Dish's.

If you do NOT live in a market that Dish has your Locals in HD, then you will need a OTA antenna to connect to your VIP622. I would suggest you go to a website (Antennweb.org) this site will ask for your address and then tell you which OTA signals you should be able to receive, their azimuth and the type of antenna that you need to receive them.

John

Thanks for the info. I live in the Austin area, and I don't believe they have locals in HD via satellite, so I will go the OTA atenna route. Thanks for the quick post. I really appreciate it, as I have not gotten any decent advice from anyone.

Does Dish broadcast the SD locals for Austin? If they do and you put up an antenna and get your OTA locals in HD, you might want to subscribe to the SD locals, so that you get the guide data for those local HD channels. Otherwise you can only set up manual timers on the 622.

Right, but they already have SD locals right? So see the post above for why you might want to subscribe to them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)