HD Rebate Coupon?

shrike3000

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2006
Hi there. I am new to the website as of yeterday and have been reading every thread I can since then practically non stop. You guys have a great forum.

Yesterday I got a 622 and Dish 1000 installed at my house to finally take advantage of my HDTV with something other than my XBox 360.

I used to have America's Top 180 w/ locals ($54.99), DISH 2 Movie Package ($22.99) and they wanted me to get the HD Pack ($20.00) or pay a HD Enabling fee. Well I decided to go a different route and get Dish HD Platinum since it is almost the same price and I end up getting all the movie channels. I was suprised to find out later when I was talking to Tech Support working on an issue that (according to him) my DVR $5.98 fee's for all 3 of my DVR's were no longer going to be charged since they are waived by the Platinum package. Does this info seem accurate to everyone here as I find it kind of suspect....

Also, he said I was now eligible for a $10 a month for 10 Months rebate on my bill that I could download from somewhere on their website. He never told me where I get that rebate and have been unable to locate it. Does anyone here know how I get that rebate form?

Thanks for any info, once again you guys are a fountain of knowledge and I am so glad I found this site.

That is correct on both counts. Americas Everything Pack or the HD Platinum Pack, which is really the AEP plus HD channels, waive the DVR fees on your monthly bill. It is also true that there is a $100 rebate for existing customers that subscribe to an HD programming pack. However for new customers such as yourself there is also another $100 bonus for a total of $200 back, which covers the 622 price if I remember correctly. Im waiting now for my $100 rebate to kick in. Here is a link on the promotion

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/promotion/100backfaqs/index.shtml

That is correct on both counts. Americas Everything Pack or the HD Platinum Pack, which is really the AEP plus HD channels, waive the DVR fees on your monthly bill. It is also true that there is a $100 rebate for existing customers that subscribe to an HD programming pack. However for new customers such as yourself there is also another $100 bonus for a total of $200 back, which covers the 622 price if I remember correctly. Im waiting now for my $100 rebate to kick in. Here is a link on the promotion

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/promotion/100backfaqs/index.shtml

I am an existing customer but I did upgrade to the HD package, so where do I get the form to send in? Is it on their site somewhere for me to print or do they mail it to me to fill out and send back?

Good Luck Collecting rebate

I have waited 8 months and still have not gotten my $200 rebate(new and HD). I have called every month now since becoming eligible and I'm told that I will see it next month. These are the most crooked incompetent lying idiots I have ever dealt with in my life.

HB

I have waited 8 months and still have not gotten my $200 rebate(new and HD). I have called every month now since becoming eligible and I'm told that I will see it next month. These are the most crooked incompetent lying idiots I have ever dealt with in my life.

HB

Haven't we heard this rant before?

No rebates for real

Haven't we heard this rant before?

Why? Is it standard practice for DISH to cheat customers? Has there been a lot of other complaints? I can backup my rant with invoices, registered mail receipts, customer service emails and other if you like? 8 months of promises and no delivery of rebate from DISH. And if you work for DISH? I shouldn't have called you an idiot. I apologize. :hatsoff:

Last edited:
Why? Is it standard practice for DISH to cheat customers? Has there been a lot of other complaints? I can backup my rant with invoices, registered mail receipts, customer service emails and other if you like? 8 months of promises and no delivery of rebate from DISH. And if you work for DISH? I shouldn't have called you an idiot. I apologize. :hatsoff:

You posted the rant in another topic identical to the one in this thread. You are better off emailing the CEO the info than ranting here. But feel free to continue the rant if you so desire, it will do you nothing.

HB

I am still on D*, but in process of switching over to E*. When I spoke with the service rep at E*, he said that the $200 rebate would come in the form of a $20 discount on my bill for ten months. True?

I am still on D*, but in process of switching over to E*. When I spoke with the service rep at E*, he said that the $200 rebate would come in the form of a $20 discount on my bill for ten months. True?

Yes, 10 for signing up for 18 mo. and 10 bonus for HD package.

FYI - submitted paperwork 3 months ago - got it mailed back today with denial because "my account is inactive" which of course it is not. Form and recorded message said to fix paperwork and resubmit. Called customer service and was told it will start on next bill.

FYI - submitted paperwork 3 months ago - got it mailed back today with denial because "my account is inactive" which of course it is not. Form and recorded message said to fix paperwork and resubmit. Called customer service and was told it will start on next bill.

I submitted my paperwork in early July. For Oct, Nov, and Dec. I was told the same thing. It would appear on the next bill. It finally appeared on my Jan. bill. I was almost expecting the rebate to begin at the same time my last 10 months of my commitment began.

The "inactive account" thing is getting ridiculous. I had to contact ceo@echostar.com to get it resolved.

The "inactive account" thing is getting ridiculous. I had to contact ceo@echostar.com to get it resolved.
I did the same thing, and I went 1 step further. Since I only have one receiver I objected to the lease fee (I paid 199.00 upfront), it was removed retroactively and will remain off as long as I maintain BronzeHD or higher.

Same thing here. Account is inactive, which is pure bull. Just got it in the mail today... I wonder if they outsourced this and the outsourced provider was far enough behind to be in breach of contract, so instead of working the dang things, they just rejected them all... I am scanning everything to show clearly this is bull. Think I will call CS...

I just received a letter of "inactive account" myself. I sent this in on 10/23/06. The letter they sent to me was dated 12/28/06, but was only mailed last week.

Send us the corrected order It was correct the first time.....IDIOTS!

I have emailed ceo@echostar.com, and await their response.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)