HD Receiver for Analog TV

grb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
Southern CA
I'm sure this topic has been touched on before, but I had no idea where I might find it.

I have the HD Only package. Two of my TV's (one is analog tube-type) are serviced by a 622 HD DVR. I get the HD channels on both TV's -- digital and analog. The third receiver is non-HD.

The non-HD receiver does not receive any of the HD channels. I would like to be able to receive HD channels on my third TV.

My question is - Will a Dish HD receiver (such as the 211) enable me to get HD channels on an analog set? I know I won't get the right answer from a CSR... if so, I would like to arrange a receiver swap with Dish.

I'm sure this topic has been touched on before, but I had no idea where I might find it.

I have the HD Only package. Two of my TV's (one is analog tube-type) are serviced by a 622 HD DVR. I get the HD channels on both TV's -- digital and analog. The third receiver is non-HD.

The non-HD receiver does not receive any of the HD channels. I would like to be able to receive HD channels on my third TV.

My question is - Will a Dish HD receiver (such as the 211) enable me to get HD channels on an analog set? I know I won't get the right answer from a CSR... if so, I would like to arrange a receiver swap with Dish.

You could connect the 211 via composite cables: Video, L-R Audio.

You could connect the 211 via composite cables: Video, L-R Audio.

Actually, the analog tv I need to connect it to is basic with no component connections. The 622 connection to my other analog tv is done with coaxial cable and I am able to get the HD channels (in SD of course).

I guess what I really want to know is if an HD receiver (such as the 211) can produce the SD version of HD channels on an analog tv, or do you have to have an HD tv to get reception from an HD receiver?

it will work just fine on an analog SDTV

I have my 811 set up on the old 32" SDTV just for locals OTA and it works just fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts