hd receiver with sd setup?

zap2346

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
can i use an hd receiver with my existing sd dish setup? I'm not looking for hd but ti seems all new dvrs are hd. does this mean i have to have an hd system or can i use the dvr for sd?

the hd enabling fee of $5.00 is applied if you have an HDTV and HD receiver, but doesnt have an HD programming add-ons, since most of the programs are in standard programming format, this will upconvert standard def programs to hi-def.

this will upconvert standard def programs to hi-def.[/quote]

Oh really? Nope! It's just SD that sometimes looks a little better, but most of the time it doesn't. In your theory, there wouldn't be a need for a separate HD channel. Wish it was that simple.

can i use an hd receiver with my existing sd dish setup? I'm not looking for hd but ti seems all new dvrs are hd. does this mean i have to have an hd system or can i use the dvr for sd?
You can subscribe to the lowest HD add on pack for a few dollars more than the HD enabling fee. You'll get the HD feeds, but you'll just be viewing them in SD since you don't have an HDTV. Dish will either add a wing dish or replace with another dish, depending on what you have now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)