HD Satellite Wiring Question

tdmontg

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
Alabama
I need to import the signal from three transponders on two cable lines. I'm upgrading to HD and need three cables from my dish to my switch. Problem is I only have two cables currently running from the existing dish to my switch. My dish is mounted on a fence Post at the back of my yard and to run another line would be a task as it would have to be burried and is about 75'.

Is it possible to run the three transponders across two lines using a diplexer on each end?

Is there another solution or do I need to run a third line?

By transponders I'm assuming you mean satellite's. If you have a Dish 1000.2 I know you can use just one cable and run it to a switch. But if I'm not mistake you have to get the dp44 instead of the dp34 switch which costs more.

I have a DPP44 switch because I have 3 625's and I'm addind an HD 722. I was told I will be receiving a signal from three separate satellites and will switch from the Dish500 to the Dish1000.

Since there will be three feeds, how do I get the signal from the dish to the DPP44 using only two cables? Can I use a diplexer to combine two satellites onto one cable and seperate them back out at the switch with another diplexer?

The installer will be here tomorrow and does not have a clue. He wants to just pull another line at a $1/ft since it has to be buried (75ft). Dish won't pay for this and per neighborhood bylaws, I cannot mount on my house or get dish closer.

What 3 satellites? I've got a 1000.2 dish pointing at 110 and 129 and a wing dish pointing at 61.5. The wing dish plugs into the integrated switch at the dish and I think I have 2 wires running into the house. I know its not 3. I have a diplexer at each receiver.

Last edited:
What 3 satellites? I've got a 1000.2 dish pointing at 110 and 129 and a wing dish pointing at 61.5. The wing dish plugs into the integrated switch at the dish and I think I have 2 wires running into the house. I know its not 3. I have a diplexer at each receiver.

The same three as you except all are going to be on one dish. I live in Alabama and the local satellite shop said I do not have to use two dishes.

I only had to use two dishes because I couldn't get a good signal on 129. The trees were in the way. I've got the 61.5 on the other side of the house and a line runs through my back yard and plugs into the wing dish input on the 110/119.

I tried to find a wiring diagram to help, but dont see anything yet.

I only had to use two dishes because I couldn't get a good signal on 129. The trees were in the way. I've got the 61.5 on the other side of the house and a line runs through my back yard and plugs into the wing dish input on the 110/119.

I tried to find a wiring diagram to help, but dont see anything yet.

That set up works fine for you because you probably don't have more than two receivers hooked up to your dish. In order to run the set up the OP wants, you need to have three lines run to a 44 switch, even if he has a wing dish for 61.5, he still needs to run that line to the switch. Hooking it into the DPP Twin will not work.

I see no way to avoid running that 3rd wire. With the 3 625 receivers, the OP needs to keep 110/119. A 3rd dish (or Dish 1000) will need to be added for HD; either 129 or 61.5, depending upon where his HD locals are. The Dish 1000 is pointless if the OP won't run a 3rd cable underground.

So consider another wing dish cabled into the switch. Is there nowhere on or inside of the house that you (tdmontg) can mount at least an 18" dish? Consider nooks between gables of your roof, or on a balcony, or aiming through a window. And what about those HOA bylaws? Aren't such bylaws contrary to FCC regs?

That set up works fine for you because you probably don't have more than two receivers hooked up to your dish. In order to run the set up the OP wants, you need to have three lines run to a 44 switch, even if he has a wing dish for 61.5, he still needs to run that line to the switch. Hooking it into the DPP Twin will not work.

Yep. I've got 2.

The installer was a no-show. Waited from 8 am until 2 pm before calling. They said he was held up on another job.... Thanks for a call!

Does Dish Network offer anything for the missed appointment due to the techs fault? I have to re-arrange another day of work to sit here for them to try to get here again.

Bylaws cannot keep you from using a dish, but can restrict where you mount it.

A few months ago, a tech at my neighbors house installed a dish 1000 and got all three satellite feeds on one dish. This was a new install so three lines was not an issue.

I guess there is no way to avoid a third line. I will help him dig and leave him a tip.

The installer was a no-show. Waited from 8 am until 2 pm before calling. They said he was held up on another job.... Thanks for a call!

Does Dish Network offer anything for the missed appointment due to the techs fault? I have to re-arrange another day of work to sit here for them to try to get here again.

Bylaws cannot keep you from using a dish, but can restrict where you mount it.

A few months ago, a tech at my neighbors house installed a dish 1000 and got all three satellite feeds on one dish. This was a new install so three lines was not an issue.

I guess there is no way to avoid a third line. I will help him dig and leave him a tip.

You can get all three sats, (110, 119, 129) from one dish. If you have only a 500 dish now, they could swap it out for a 1000.2, but you still need to get a third line from the dish to your switch.

If I were you, I would pick up some cable and burry it from the dish to the house. When I had the wing dish mounted on the other side of my property, the installer had to run maybe 100' of cable back to the wing dish port. It was late so I told him I would burry it for a price break. He didn't charge the per foot charge at all. My wife and I trenched the cable that Saturday.

Or maybe burry a PVC pipe with a 75' rope so its easier. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts