HD & SD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ml460

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2010
Little Rock Ar.
Does anyone know whether or not Dish has plans to separate their HD & SD Channels from being on the same Satellite. I know recently they changed and put a lot of the SD channels on different satellites but still left many SD channels on their primary HD Sate.llites like 72.7 & 129w

The HD channels for the most part are already together on one satellite on each ARC. And the more HD channels DISH gets, the more satellites probably will be needed to carry them. And since the trend is for all channels to be in HD, SD should in theory continue to need less space, and would be a waste to be alone on a satellite. Then there's people that need a particular satellite because of where they live, HI, PR, Alaska come to mind because they can't see all the satellites.

I am internal DNS tech yes they are separated for the most part, that is why we are only installing 1000.2 dishes with 3 headed lnbfs anymore.

Unless you are one of those customers that wants international programing.

I am internal DNS tech yes they are separated for the most part, that is why we are only installing 1000.2 dishes with 3 headed lnbfs anymore.

Unless you are one of those customers that wants international programing.

"Lucky" you. In Chicago market we do all of dishes except small 500 and "border".
And I love WO's with both 1k4 EA and 500+. So many "free" PPH :)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

"Lucky" you. In Chicago market we do all of dishes except small 500 and "border".
And I love WO's with both 1k4 EA and 500+. So many "free" PPH :)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

dang that sucks the only thing we load out on our vans anymore is 1000.2 equipment(not counting dishnet internet metal kits and dishes) except for the occasional rare international customer and I only load that out on a job by job basis but I am a rural tech that services country folks and small towns, the biggest town I do installs in has 18k-20k people. I average about 20-30 hours a week just driving around from job to job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)