HD Starz and HD TMC

red hazard

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 13, 2003
St Louis Metro East (Illinois)
I subscribe to the AEP. Am I suppose to get the HD versions of Starz and TMC with the AEP or does that require an additional subscription? Since they don't show up on my channel listing is there perhaps another reason like MPEG-4 being used that my 811 cannot decode? Thanks

HD Starz comes with my AEP but I had to trade in my 811 (which is megp2) for a 622 (which is megp4/megp2) in order to get it. A 211 is megp4/megp2 also. All new HD will require this type of receiver.

All hd will go mpeg 4 someday in the near future. That is why the latest hd additions are all in mpeg 4. So Dish wants you to upgrade to either a 211 or 622 hd receivers.

What's the best deal on an upgrade.

Thanks Sunelec for the info on AEP and Starz and the others regarding MPEG-4. I wonder if the AEP subscription will give me some leverage in getting a new receiver at a discount. Any ideas?

I don't know all of your circumstances but if you have been timely on your bill paying then you should be in their "Best Customer" category. Dish allows you to upgrade your leased receivers ( 3 tuner limit ) once per year. So if it's been more than a year you should be able turn in your 811 and get a 211 or 622 or both. I'm assuming your 811 is leased. That's the least expensive way to go. Look at their internet site for upgrade information and prices or look on this site. If you need to purchase a receiver after that then look on ebay or the Dishnet Store ( not connected to Dish Network ) which is one of our sponsors. Also Solid Signal is a good place to look too. My new 622 receivers ( 1 leased and 1 purchased ) and my new 211 receiver all in my judgement perform much better than the 921 and the two 811's that they replaced. The 811 was very weak on HD OTA reception and now with my new receivers OTA signal levels are about 20 % higher and I get a couple channels I didn't receive before. Also It seems like my picture from the satellite is much crisper with better color now on HD and SD both with the 622 and 211.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts