Hd stream quality meter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smoeke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Pennsylvania
sorry if i missed this before but,

how long has the HD quality stream meter been available when watching on demand?

My daughter asked to watch Secretariat and its in HD for free, i clicked watch now and figured it would take a few hours to download, instead it started in 30 seconds or less and after 5 minutes it was fully downloaded,plus it showed a 4 bar meter for streaming strength.

i was getting all 4 green bars.

it really worked a lot nicer than a few months back when i tried to watch a hd show.

sorry if i missed this before but,

how long has the HD quality stream meter been available when watching on demand?

My daughter asked to watch Secretariat and its in HD for free, i clicked watch now and figured it would take a few hours to download, instead it started in 30 seconds or less and after 5 minutes it was fully downloaded,plus it showed a 4 bar meter for streaming strength.

i was getting all 4 green bars.

it really worked a lot nicer than a few months back when i tried to watch a hd show.

Yea I saw it with L686 on my 722k,pretty cool feature.I like it!.:D

722 also, i will check software tonight if anyone thinks this is new, i searched but didnt see anything.

my first thought when seeing it was that it must be part of the new Blockbuster streaming coming tomorrow...

it's call adaptive streaming. it's currently only available on a few select movies. not sure why you are able to view it though. as far as I know it isn't public yet...

software L677RJKD-N

here are 2 pics, not great quality,but you can see what i mean

Attachments

• DSC08520.JPG
    DSC08520.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 205
  • DSC08518.JPG
    DSC08518.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 195
Interface is still a PITA. streaming seems to start just a min or so after hitting it. So far so good on the streaming. PQ is related to the movie chosen. In this case it's an indy film and is just so-so. No pixelization or freezing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts