HD SuperBowl Feeds now up in mpg2!

Hey GB-- I did not notice your post until after I posted. Had my wife look at it and the WRAL OTA-HD feed in Raleigh is not quite as sharp as the 240 HD feed. NoW at the time we were watching GMA and I am not sure that that program is HD but we both thought the 240 feed was better. I have change it a couple of times during the NBA game and I still think the 240 feed is still better.

Something else to chew on! My 811 since the last upgrade has not been able to hold onto the OTA signal but there are not interuptions with the 240 HD signal. BRING ON THE HD-LILS!!! :)

splino said:
So this thingy called the Super Bowl is only going to be available to 11 markets. When are the Distant HD Networks going to be available to people who qualified and have the Distant SD Networks?

This is a SPECIAL BROADCAST, it is not a Distant Network feed.

yep ota looks way better than 240!!! Joesp, your local affilate must be running some mad subchannels or they dont know what there doing :)... Here in chicago, wls is running 2 subs with an hd feed... :)

JoeSp said:
<snip>.....Something else to chew on! My 811 since the last upgrade has not been able to hold onto the OTA signal but there are not interuptions with the 240 HD signal. BRING ON THE HD-LILS!!! :)
Interresting isn't it - but don't get me started.:cool:

Scott Greczkowski said:
This is a SPECIAL BROADCAST, it is not a Distant Network feed.

This feed doesn't even come under SHVERA law because it's a "private" contract between Dish & ABC.

It's all $$$$$. Dish is currently in negoiations with many local afilliates for retransmission rights for the HD LiLs they will launch after Echostar X is ready. They can make much more $$$$ from many more people with HD LiLs than doing HD DNS to just a select few. In fact, they probably can't get any more than the $1.5 each they're already charging you for SD DNS, so they figure why bother.

goaliebob99 said:
hummmm you must not be from America :).... The super bowl is the hugest American sporting event. In America its like the Olympics put into one day.. The top two teams from the NFL (American Football) compete against each other for the championship. Not only is the game entertaining but the commercials are a big part of the game too as company's pay millions to air there advertising during this game as millions of people are watching it :) Allot of the commercials are funny! :)

"It's the game those american boys play and they wears pads and hats...wussies"
- some crazy South African guy I knew

I was going to call in and give them a hard time for not being able to get eh superbowl in HD but the wait time was over 15 minutes...guess it just was not worth it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts