HD ... The REAL Numbers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well what was interesting Dish had this article on their main site. But I agree that looks about right to me as well.

Remove the RSN HD from the dish list they are part time only and dish dose not even get all games in HD as well. Directv also has a few game only RSN HD's but they pick up all games on them.

First they say this:
So we went to our data folks on the MediaCensus side of MediaBiz. And we asked for the "REAL" HD counts. In our definition, that means a channel that (1) labels itself an "HD" network; (2) is available nationwide; (3) is NOT a pay-per-view or VOD service; and (4) is not a broadcaster.

Then they say this:
And yes ... we know that not all self-proclaimed HD networks are "true" HD 24/7. We also know that our 'national' criteria cuts out some very popular regional sports networks, a move which primarily disadvantages the extra-robust sports selection from DIRECTV.

Uhhh...No it doesn't. According to your "national" criteria, RSNs do fit within your counts.
1) Do they label themselves as HD? Yes
2) Are they available nationwide? Yes
3) They are not a PPV or VOD service? Yes
4) It is not a broadcaster? Yes

So, why should a full time HD RSN not be included in a count? I can actually pay to watch any full time RSN 24/7, including out of market pro games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)