HD Tuesday roundup - Baton Rouge, Wichita Falls, and more

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Raymie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 17, 2007
Maricopa County, AZ
1. KSWO HD tomorrow. This is also an indicator that other co-owned locals (KXXV, KWES, and KFDA chief among them) could be coming in HD soon. Drewry Communications owns all of these stations.

2. WBRZ is returning in SD and HD tomorrow, ending a yearlong retransmission consent dispute.

Doubt it

1. KSWO HD tomorrow. This is also an indicator that other co-owned locals (KXXV, KWES, and KFDA chief among them) could be coming in HD soon. Drewry Communications owns all of these stations.

When I last spoke to E* it had to do with contracts need to be updated to HD carry. The contracts for carriage with Drewery aren't due until the end of the year. Now I did let mgt know that this was the case and maybe they might have spoken to E* but I rather doubt it. (IT eng for KWES transferred from KFDA as an eng.)

The station management at KSWO must be out of the loop. The station's management and engineers have repeatedly told me Dish is free to retransmit their signal. I find that strange since Drewry Communications is based in Lawton and the Drewry family has lived in Lawton for many years. If the contract was actually still in negotiations it would make sense for the staff at KSWO to have better knowledge of the details than anyone else at any of the other Drewry owned stations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts