HD upgrade question

project86

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 24, 2006
Ok, so I finally talked myself (and my wife!) into switching to the HD only package, with locals and DVR. Right now we have top 200 with a 625. I'm still a bit unclear about what will happen next.

1) I currently have 1 dish on my roof, and I'm not sure where it is pointing. Is there any way to tell if I will need another; and if I do, will Dish pick up the tab, or will I be charged? I am hoping they just ship me a receiver and I switch it out for my 625.

2) Are they still sending out 622s? I have heard that the 722 has replaced it entirely.... but Dish says I can pay $150 to upgrade to a 622 or $200 for a 722. I'd rather pay less, but I do want the extra capacity of the 722.

3) Are there any discounts or rebates to be had? I would love to have them credit me per month as a rebate or something. My contract has been up for a while, would it be worth trying retentions to see what they can give? The online chat CSRs seem to indicate they do not budge at all on the upgrade prices.

Thanks!

What you are trying to do is called Dish'n it Up. Have your account # and a CC# handy and call 800 333 3474 from the phone that is listed on your acct. When the computer voice answers your call, ask for technical service. Your goal is to reach a LIVE CSR. When you do, tell that CSR that you are interested in qualifing for DIU. Tell them what you want....622 or 722. The CSR will ask you for your info that you have close by. Or they may have the qualification costs already determined. From your zip code the correct dish will be determined. A DIU cost will be quoted. The CSR won't haggle over costs. {Some customers have reported that telling the CSR that you are considering a change to the competition, may reduce the DIU costs???} If you were serviced by a local dealer, you can get the same up-grade thru him. Personally, the choice would be 722......good shopping

You should qualify for a DIU if you haven't done one in the last year. I upgraded to a 722 back in January for $150 up front and a $100 rebate is coming back to me. The CSR wanted to charge me $200 for the upgrade but I had checked to see what it would cost back in November. I was told $150 at that time and that price would be good through the end of January. I called to actually do the upgrade on January 20 and the installation was on 1/31. The last day of the 18 month committment. Starting 2/1 it changed to 2 years.

Also, I am not sure if the rebate deal is still on. Someone else can chime in on that.

Call Dish, mention this site and say that you see people are getting the 722 for $150. See what happens then. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)