hd upgrade question.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ww2154

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
I have the 811 and 301 with the dish pointed at 105/110/119 and have the hd pak. I would like unhd and espn2 hd but do not care about the voom channels. I get locals from Macon Ga so that won"t be an option because they are 150 on the list for hd. Local cable co. is terrible with no plans for any hd service in the near future and I live to far to receive the local channels ota. Do I really need to upgrade just for these two channels. Are their any other benefits to upgrade now.

The short answer is "yes" you will need to upgrade.

Universal and and ESPN2Hd will only be viewable with an MPEG4 capable receiver.
ESPN2 will be on 61.5 and mirrored on 129.
Universal will be on 129 (not sure if it is mirrored or not. It's not listed on the channel guide. Someone else may be able to answer).

These channels will also only be available in the new metallic packs on the first. They also include Voom.

Hope this helps.

Scott

Last edited:
How much more will it cost for the vooms channels and unhd,espn2 hd. I think I pay 9.99 for the hd pak now.

I got my programming updated to include HD pak for 9.99/mo, but if I agree to one year, then get it for $5/ mo.. Voom is $5/mo - Net $10/mo for ALL available HD programming.

Haggle - best bet is with 2nd tier Tech.. Tell the first rep you are having a problem with your 211 or something....
T

It took MANY calls to finally get what I wanted.. Am still calling, bugging them on the vip622 availability.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts