HD upgrade

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
Thiking of upgrading to HD. I am an existing Dish customer with a 625 in sigle mode down stairs on a Sony Wega 51", and a non dvr duel tunner for the upstairs. Don't rember the upstairs model #. Are there any specials running for existing customers to upgrade to HD? Also my dish is on the 110 and 119. Would they have to install a second dish for HD? Thanks .

Yes, there are upgrade specials. Call Dish for specifics, they sometimes vary by customer.

Go for the ViP722, not the ViP622. The ViP722 is black, has a larger hard disk, an updated Broadcom chip that will support HD VOD over the Internet, and has HomePlug built in.

In your location, I suggest getting the second dish, which will be pointed at 61.5. That will give you a stronger signal. But, LOS permitting, you could get a single dish solution, using the weaker 129 satellite.

I appologize for my lack of net working knowledge. I'm a little confused on how to hook the equip. up if I'm able to get HD. Right now all I have is a AT&T DSL modem. It is not wireless. Do I buy a router or switch to take the place of the existing modem? I read the Dish home networking instructions but am still confused. Is there another guide somewhere or can some one give me step by step instructions? Thanks all.

Yes, there are upgrade specials. Call Dish for specifics, they sometimes vary by customer.

Go for the ViP722, not the ViP622. The ViP722 is black, has a larger hard disk, an updated Broadcom chip that will support HD VOD over the Internet, and has HomePlug built in.

In your location, I suggest getting the second dish, which will be pointed at 61.5. That will give you a stronger signal. But, LOS permitting, you could get a single dish solution, using the weaker 129 satellite.

Had a guy come out and do a site servey. I could cut down one tree and he could get all three on one dish. When I asked about 61.5 he said Dish is going to stop using it. Is that a true statement?

I appologize for my lack of net working knowledge. I'm a little confused on how to hook the equip. up if I'm able to get HD. Right now all I have is a AT&T DSL modem. It is not wireless. Do I buy a router or switch to take the place of the existing modem? I read the Dish home networking instructions but am still confused. Is there another guide somewhere or can some one give me step by step instructions? Thanks all.
I'm a long way from an expert at networking but here is a simple question: Will your 6/722 be near the DSL modem? If yes then all you need is a empty ethernet plug on the modem or router. I think both DVs come with an ethernet cable.

Are the two things too far apart to connect with a wire? If yes then you should consider getting a wireless router and one of the ethernet to wifi gadgets mentions.

If neither of these appeals to you the homeplug will get it done too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)