HD US Open Tennis brought to you by Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

FitzAusTex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2007
Austin, TX
Nice to see E* as the company mentioned on USA HD by commentators that "our HD coverage brought to you by TurboHD by Dish Network". Also nice to see t heTurboHD logo and E* logo displayed on screen during play.

D* normally pays for this honor, so I'm glad to see E* really stepping up their marketing efforts. Also saw quite a bit of that during the Olympics - not just their Turbo HD commercial (AND in HD/16:9), but actual segments of the Olympics coverage sponsored by E*.

All it takes is a bit of advertising...and a decent product (which they already have)...

Nice to see E* as the company mentioned on USA HD by commentators that "our HD coverage brought to you by TurboHD by Dish Network". Also nice to see t heTurboHD logo and E* logo displayed on screen during play.

D* normally pays for this honor, so I'm glad to see E* really stepping up their marketing efforts. Also saw quite a bit of that during the Olympics - not just their Turbo HD commercial (AND in HD/16:9), but actual segments of the Olympics coverage sponsored by E*.

All it takes is a bit of advertising...and a decent product (which they already have)...

I hope you know that E* replaces some of the commercials you see via there service. D* does the same thing. Sure the commentators comments are not modified for either service but even cable replaces some of the commercials as they are allowed to resale some of them.

So just because you saw tons of HD Turbo ads on E* does not mean anyone watching the same show via other sources saw the same ads as it is very possible E* choose not to resale there ad space and run there own ads.

I hope you know that E* replaces some of the commercials you see via there service. D* does the same thing. Sure the commentators comments are not modified for either service but even cable replaces some of the commercials as they are allowed to resale some of them.

So just because you saw tons of HD Turbo ads on E* does not mean anyone watching the same show via other sources saw the same ads as it is very possible E* choose not to resale there ad space and run there own ads.
I don't think he was talking about commercials, but about the "brought to you by" segments.

Yeah, 'the brought to you" part. The tennis match announcer (Bill McAtee) mentioned it as he was calling the tennis match this afternoon, accompanied by the E* logos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts