HD with 119,110 & 61.5 only

papita

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Puerto Rico
Hi. I am trying to find at least one Dish customer who has the HD Gold or Platinum Package with only satellites 119, 110 & 61.5 I am trying to convince Dish to get me HD Platinum with only those satellites but they don't want to. By the way I am at Puerto Rico.

Hi. I am trying to find at least one Dish customer who has the HD Gold or Platinum Package with only satellites 119, 110 & 61.5 I am trying to convince Dish to get me HD Platinum with only those satellites but they don't want to. By the way I am at Puerto Rico.

There are not going to do it I have been with Dish for 8 years already! Because some dealers here a couple of years ago started installing 4 footer for 61.5 people started complaining and dish cancel the 61.5 for us, But wait because our HD if you had read in the first place Charlie announce a special HD package for us in our spotbeam at 110. 33 HD channels by august.:);)

Last edited:
But that did not answered my question. Are there any CONUS Dish clients with the gold or platinum hd pack with only the 119, 110 and 61.5 satellites? The answer is a simple yes or no. If there are any names that may make it easier to convince Dish. I will give it a very honest try. If I have at least one name I think I may be able to convince them.

I was with Dish until October 2008 and had everything with HD with 110,119,and 61.5. Not sure what may have changed since, if anything. I believe PR customers do not have that option using a PR address.

regards from the Northeast, Eric

I HAVE TO USE MY SISTER ADDRESS IN NJ IN ORDER TO GET THE CHANNELS;BY THE WAY THE SIGNAL IS PERFECT I AM LOCATED IN TOA ALTA AND I USE A 6 FOOT CHANNEL MASTER TO GET THE 61.5; SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO BEND THE RULES

I HAVE TO USE MY SISTER ADDRESS IN NJ IN ORDER TO GET THE CHANNELS;BY THE WAY THE SIGNAL IS PERFECT I AM LOCATED IN TOA ALTA AND I USE A 6 FOOT CHANNEL MASTER TO GET THE 61.5; SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO BEND THE RULES

But, how do you get ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC ?

Yes , I have a Dish 500 with a Dish Pro Quad LNBF and a wing dish 500 pointed at the 61.5 hooked to a DPP33 Multiswitch.
The service I have is Americas Everything pack with HD Gold and HD platinum.
It can be done just fine. But they may have different rules in your area in PR.
Could be signal issues. I'm sure they have reasons.

Yes , I have a Dish 500 with a Dish Pro Quad LNBF and a wing dish 500 pointed at the 61.5 hooked to a DPP33 Multiswitch.
The service I have is Americas Everything pack with HD Gold and HD platinum.
It can be done just fine. But they may have different rules in your area in PR.
Could be signal issues. I'm sure they have reasons.

Even though we have locals,everybody in Puerto Rico qualifies for AAD with any restrictions on SD or HD feeds.:)

my hd in puerto rico

I have all the hd channels with just 61.5 110 and 119. But I should also mention that I am a very old client of Dishnetwork and have subscribed to their HD since it started. As a result....I guess I have been grandfathered into being able to get all the hd....most of it anyway....and I am happy with it. Even more I am happy that as of yesterday I was able to add ABC CBS NBC and FOX in high definition from Chicago and Los Angeles.

Previously someone mentioned that dish was not allowing the signal to be turned on because of complaints from previous bad installs with dishes 4 ft and under. This is true....100 per cent true. I have three six foot dishes and even I have some problems with signals during bad weather.

The story about the HD Spotbeams to Puerto Rico.....hope it happens.....would like to have some HD that will stay on during bad weather.

As to whether dish will turn on the other hd signal for you....at this point..with their plans to spotbeam a bunch of channels here............I seriously doubt they will turn it on for you.

Bill D guaynabo puerto rico:cool:

I have all the hd channels with just 61.5 110 and 119. But I should also mention that I am a very old client of Dishnetwork and have subscribed to their HD since it started. As a result....I guess I have been grandfathered into being able to get all the hd....most of it anyway....and I am happy with it. Even more I am happy that as of yesterday I was able to add ABC CBS NBC and FOX in high definition from Chicago and Los Angeles.

Previously someone mentioned that dish was not allowing the signal to be turned on because of complaints from previous bad installs with dishes 4 ft and under. This is true....100 per cent true. I have three six foot dishes and even I have some problems with signals during bad weather.

The story about the HD Spotbeams to Puerto Rico.....hope it happens.....would like to have some HD that will stay on during bad weather.

As to whether dish will turn on the other hd signal for you....at this point..with their plans to spotbeam a bunch of channels here............I seriously doubt they will turn it on for you.

Bill D guaynabo puerto rico:cool:

That's why you still got them because they grandfather you Bill.:up

I have 2 Dish 500's 1 for 110/119 the other pointed at 61.5 and get all the channels including HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts