HDCP issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

riggscm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Hey everyone... just wanted to float this out there to see if I am the only one that is experiencing this problem.

HD event channels... 90 what ever to 100. when I tune to those stations I get a error message to the effect of "my TV is not compatible with the station and to revert to component cables to view the station.

I have a 3 yr old Pany LCD projection... the model number eludes me at the moment.

I can watch other stations just fine. No issues at all when watching any other content recorded or live.

any thoughts??

Is the message coming from the TV or an blue box in the bottom right of the D* screen?

Is the message coming from the TV or an blue box in the bottom right of the D* screen?

sorry I was unclear in my previous post...

The message appears in the lower right of the screen in a little blue box and comes from the HR20.

Since my previous post I have dug up the model number as Panasonic PT-43LC14, and is HDCP compatible according to the manual.

I have done some further testing as well and I am thinking that the receiver by be having issues. In my test last night I turned off native mode and set the output res. of the HR20-700 to 720P. After making that change I have tuned to channel 100 and received the error message, then I tuned to 503 (HBO sig) a SD station. Well the error popped up there too, and continued to appear on EVERY station until I went back into setup and turned native mode back on and magically I was able to watch all my regular programming. I repeated the test, forcing the out put to 480P and again at 1080i with the same results. If I do not tune to channel 100 when I have the output locked to a set res. I am able to watch TV as usual.

I've been able to watch any thing on the TV, since then except for the HD event channels and the teaser channel of 100 200 and 500.

To clarify one point...
The TV supports 480P, 720P and 1080i at the HDMI connection. I made those res. active under native mode when I turned it back on. I am able to view all res. with no problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts