HDDVD "postpones" CES Event

Well of course, they got beat, they don't have anything left.

It would be hard to do the press conference with just Universal (which is supposedly done with their exclusive contract (maybe they renew it, maybe not now)) and Paramount which may be able to get out of theirs by the end of the year. It would be hard to show a winning strategy at this point.

They gave it a good fight. This is precisely the impact Warner wanted. They wanted to save HD-DVD any embarrassment by announcing exclusivity after the press event. Announcing late after the main weekly news cycle gives HD-DVD the time to cancel events and not make a bigger media splash.

It would be hard to do the press conference with just Universal (which is supposedly done with their exclusive contract (maybe they renew it, maybe not now)) and Paramount which may be able to get out of theirs by the end of the year. It would be hard to show a winning strategy at this point.

They gave it a good fight. This is precisely the impact Warner wanted. They wanted to save HD-DVD any embarrassment by announcing exclusivity after the press event. Announcing late after the main weekly news cycle gives HD-DVD the time to cancel events and not make a bigger media splash.

Well still, Toshiba probably lost a lot of money, now they have to tell the trucks to stop and march back in their garage.....what a waste.

Uh, they did not postpone their event -- they CANCELED IT! Because of this I have dicided to change my Avatar but keep my identity a secret!

Oh, Amir might "let slip" your identity! Or does he only do that to insiders? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)