Hdmi 1.3

jcvaughan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Pacifica CA
Can I use an HDMI 1.3 cable with the 622? Or do I need to stick to a standard one. I only need a 3ft. and monoprice discontinued the standard ones.

I always wanted to know, what is the difference with regular HDMI cable and the 1.3 version? Other then probably improved picture and/or sound?

I don't think you will get any difference in sound unless you run it to an HDMI 1.3 receiver for decoding.

I always wanted to know, what is the difference with regular HDMI cable and the 1.3 version? Other then probably improved picture and/or sound?

No difference. Digital is digital. It will either work or it won't. It does not improve picture. It is marketing gimmick ad nothing more.

Well since our boxes do not run on 1080p, then I guess the v1.3 is not needed. Plus, I got a 15foot HDMI cable on Ebay for $8 bucks. And I got a 10foot HDMI to DVI-D for $5.

Except that 1080p has been in HDMI spec from version 1.1.

The official difference from HDMI.ORG's FAQ is below. They do note that some older cable may actually meet Category 2, but the recomendation is only to use cable certified to meet each Category.

Q. What are the technical and branding requirements for cables?

As part of the new Trademark and Logo Usage Guidelines, cables will be labeled as either Standard or High Speed.

1. Standard cables (referred to as Category 1 cables in the HDMI specification) are those tested to perform at speeds of 75Mhz, which is the equivalent of an uncompressed 1080i signal.
2. High Speed cables (referred to as Category 2 cables in the HDMI specification), are those tested to perform at speeds of 340Mhz, which is the highest bandwidth currently available over an HDMI cable and can successfully handle 1080p signals including those at increased color depths (e.g. greater than eight bits per color) and/or increased refresh rates (e.g. 120Hz). High Speed cables are also able to accommodate higher resolution displays, such as those at the latest 1440p and WQXGA resolutions (e.g. cinema monitors with a resolution of 2560 x 1600).

New Dvr Function Found

Hd Sound Is Softer ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)