HDMI 4X4 Switch

I'm not clear whether this would support HD audio formats. It lists support of 5.1 compressed and "PCM Supported when using HDMI @ 32, 44.1 and 48 KHz."

It's pricey, but if it saves money on additional BD players, Cable/Sat/Tivo receivers for every room, etc. Be nice for me if they just had a cheaper 2x2 model to output my cable box and BD player to a bedroom and kitchen TV. Currently I use a wireless leapfrog to transmit a 480i signal from my cable box to kitchen.

I've had good luck with a pair of the old SD leapfrogs. But then they seemed to disappear from the market (?). Will there ever be an HD version ??

Looks like 2009 will finally see some wireless HD standalone products, but >> ouch! << re: $$:

SiBEAM -- Engadget HD

Last edited:
I've had good luck with a pair of the old SD leapfrogs. But then they seemed to disappear fro the market (?). Will there ever be an HD version ??

Looks like 2009 will finally see some wireless HD standalone products, but >> ouch! << re: $$:

SiBEAM -- Engadget HD

An HD version for under $100 would be great!

In the meantime, there still seems to be plenty of SD versions to go around (and selling for a lot less than I paid for my first one): Amazon.com: Used and New: Terk Technologies Leapfrog LF-30S Wireless 2.4 GHz A/V Distribution System

Those look exactly like the ones I have, cheaper too by about $20, IIRC. I got mine at BB some years back when they were on sale, then they disappeared from the store never to return. Radio Shack had a similar product, might still offer it, but it was a bit more expensive. (What was the little antenna for? The instructions said something about "future technology" but then I never learned anything more about that feature.)

I had 2 pairs of these and used them to send SD signals from my 2 Dish receivers to 2 additional locations. The signals are quite directional, but my setup was in a bit of a "crossfire" configuration so each leapfrog receiver could receive both transmitted signals fairly reliably. That way the 2 TVs in remote locations could choose either of 2 different programs, whatever was being watched on the 2 Dish receivers, simply by the user changing the frequency switch on the leapfrog receiver at that location. I used IR repeaters so I could control the Dish receivers in both remote locations but that was not quite as reliable.

Yeah - I'm waiting for an HD version in that price range as well, but it looks like that may be quite a while...!

(Sorry to Shanghai the thread...!)

I just had to buy a new HDMI switch as my DVDO crashed. Not sure what went wrong but it is Dead.

Found one at Octava 5 port HDMI switch. Version 1.3. 5x1 HDMI switcher to share 5 HDMI sources with 1 HDTV for incredible HD experience. It's a 5x1 switch IR controlled and supports 1.3 HDMI. Price is $169 with free shipping. Hope it works OK as I'm not happy having to manually connect my PJ to each device.

I have:
VIP622
BluRay player
XBOX360
PS3
HD DVD Player

so I need 5 HDMI switch.

I also found an HDMI 5x1 on amazon for $49 but it was not 1.3 compliant and reports are that it was a problem with some of the devices not connecting. Maybe it's not HDCP????

Cheap is not always better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts