HDMI 612 Issue

kukblue1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
I think it's my 50ft hdmi cable that is causing a problem but not sure. When I hook my dish 612 box to a tv using 6ft hdmi cable everything works fine. When I hook it up using 50ft cable I get picture and sound but the dish box locks up and I can't change channels or do anything really with the dish box for a couple of minutes. As soon as I unplug the cable and plug the 6ft cable back in everything works fine. I'm using a 24awg in wall cl2 1.3 hdmi cable. Would it be the cable or the box?

I was thinking the same thing. I watched a movie using that cable yesterday with not problem. Really don't think the cable is bad (I get picture and sound) but not sure why it would be locking up the dish box. I have another box coming today cause I didn't know why the box was locking up and called dish to send me another box.

It's the cable. I called dish about another issue and when I had him on the phone I asked him about the hdmi cable. He said I'm probably losing the signal and the dish box is locking up on me because it can't send the signal that far. Now I need a booster. Where can I find one cheap?

Still can't figure out why when ever I plug the 50ft hdmi cable into the dish box it shuts down or locks up. I just figured I wouldn't get picture or sound if the cable run was too long but I do get picture and sound but the box just locks up. Can't even push system info on the front of the box when I have the 50ft hdmi cable plugged in. However as soon as I unplug that cable everything works fine. Maybe a Tech guy can explain too me what is going on. What can I buy if anything to fix this problem. Can I shorten my cable to 30ft or is it impossible to rewire a hdmi cable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)