HDMI and Component hooked up at same time on DVR622?

Rlanham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
I have a dish DVR-622 hooked up my 52" rear projection TV via component cables. I also have a Optoma projector that I use from time to time, and I have just been unplugging the component connection from my projection TV and hooking that up to my projector.

My projector (which is not feasabile to mount permanently) does have an HDMI input.

I know I can get a component switch box, but there is some signal loss, and the thinner HDMI cable is less obtrusive running under a floor rug.

1) Can I run a component cable from the 622 to the projection TV and an HDMI caple to the Optoma projector and leave them plugged in at the same time? Seems I read that the 622 would output both simultaneously.

I have 2 toslink cables already plugged in an ran so sound will be coming from toslinks.

2) Has anyone ran an HDMI cable at 50-feet with out signal loss?

I run component to my tv and HDMI to my Optoma PJ. My HDMI cable is 35 feet and I have no problems. Get the 22AWG HDMI cable from Monoprice.com

hdmi

i have a 56 foot hdmi running to another room with no issues yes 56 a 50 footer and a 6 foot extension with a coupler such a heavy cable (monoprice) that i wanted a more flexible cable going to the 622

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)