HDMI and Component Video both Active on DISH receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Fairway Fatty

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2010
Va
On single tuner HD DISH receiver.......Can the HDMI and the Component Video outputs be used at same time?
Thanks. FF

Using both on my 922 right now. Hdmi on the main tv in the living room and by component in my computer room. HD on two rooms on the same show.

Hmm..... Was pricing things out with DISH and was told their 211 receiver (the one they were suggesting) would not work in that manner. Was told that if HDMI was connected then the component video would not work.

I have been considering switching to DISH from Directv. Currently have a Directv HD-20 receiver feeding 2 HD TV's (in separate rooms (same channel)) using the HDMI and the Component Video.

Thanks for the feedback.
FF

Last edited:
I currently have a 211 and the HDMI feeds the TV and the composite connections run to my SlingBox. Both can be used and viewed at the same time. Haven't tried component so I can't verify that connection would also work.

Jim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)