HDMI broken?

sno543

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 3, 2006
Modesto, Ca
I was playing with a new antenna to see if it would work. When I finished, I tried going back to regular tv, 622 via hdmi and it is showing up as no signal on my tv and I had a snowy picture. Is this what happens when the hdmi goes out or am I having a separate issue.

I did not touch the hdmi or the receiver when I was hooking up the antenna, just the tv.

Thanks.

Snowy is unusual. All I had with a dead HDMI output was a dark screen on my TV and no sound when I selected the HDMI input. Others have reported loss of one color or "noise" patterns, etc. In my case it was definitely the 622 that was bad, and I may have caused it inadvertently. One proven cause of the "no HDMI output" problem is broken HDMI socket connections on the receiver's PCB and that can easily be caused by wiggling the plug the wrong way or putting too much pressure on it in any direction. I suppose that could happen with the TV as well. It's possible that while you were moving wires around in the back you did one of those things without realizing it. Now the question is did it happen in the TV or in the 622? I'd bet the 622 since this is so common. Do you have another HDMI source to test the TV's input?

Try all the usual stuff - soft and hard reboots, *gently* wiggling the HDMI plugs, a different HDMI cable, a different source, etc. Failing all of that - time to call E* tech support...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)