Dish UHF remote Expert needed!

halsan40

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
Palm Bay, Fl
I had a 622 installed to replace my family room receiver (where the 622 is now) and my bedroom receiver. The UHF remote for TV2 (bedroom) worked great until my new JVC 70" Pro arrived (in the family room next to the 622). Now with the JVC on the UHF remote won't work. I can turn off the JVC and the remote will work.
I suppose RF noise from the JVC is messing up the remotes signal, but how do I fix it? Would a UHF amplifier help?

You might try changing the channel # that you have set on TV#2. There are 2 ranges you can use one called "Air" other called Cable.

Could move the UHF antenna further away from the TV?

I don't have a 622, but the other recievers I have could have some coax cable attached to the antenna port and then screw the antenna into the end of the coax (with a male-male adapter).

If you have the antenna a few feet away from the TV it might help.

Good luck-

-Benjamin

I'm not sure what it is/does, but the installers put a small coax barrel-like object on my uhf antenna. I'm not sure if its for increasing the range/frequency, but this might be something to look into.

It was about 4 - 6 months ago that there was this similiar issue with another brand of hd tv, in the tv's settings there was an option to disable certain infrared devices within the tv that it used to search for other a/v devices, Im wondering if your tv set has a similiar device for uhf related equipment. I would suggest you read your owners manual for this tv to find out if there are any such devices built into the unit.

Gizmo

Is it between the antenna and the jack, or is it in place of the antenna?

It probably would be an attenuator of the former. If the latter, it's a dummy load, which would explain everything except why it's there.

I'm not sure what it is/does, but the installers put a small coax barrel-like object on my uhf antenna. I'm not sure if its for increasing the range/frequency, but this might be something to look into.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)