HDMI Cable Quality

Most of my HDMI cables came from the local Fred's store. They haven't given me any problems.

The funny thing was that they tried to push the cost on the dealers and installers.

Most customers refused to buy the HDMI cable and as a result many many Dish customers who had an HDTV and HDTV receiver didn't get HD picture Quality.

I wonder how many of those thought Dish picture quality sucked and switched providers.

The funny thing was that they tried to push the cost on the dealers and installers.

Most customers refused to buy the HDMI cable and as a result many many Dish customers who had an HDTV and HDTV receiver didn't get HD picture Quality.

I wonder how many of those thought Dish picture quality sucked and switched providers.
That sounds exactly like dish. I remember we were given the dvi to hdmi cables for a time.

I got one of the very first Hoppers back in March in 2012 it came with an HDMI, whether or mot it came in the box or the installer provided it. I don't recall. I had already bought one from Monoprice which I still have in my "cables" box.

I got one of the very first Hoppers back in March in 2012 it came with an HDMI, whether or mot it came in the box or the installer provided it. I don't recall. I had already bought one from Monoprice which I still have in my "cables" box.
I also got one of the original Hoppers and it came with an HDMI cable. The 722 in front of it didn't but that was OK because my TV and my AVR at that time were component only.

To be fair, the component cables did "HD quality" just fine. Once HDCP came about you had to switch to HDMI. By that time, Dish was providing HDMI cables.

To be fair, the component cables did "HD quality" just fine. Once HDCP came about you had to switch to HDMI. By that time, Dish was providing HDMI cables.
I thought using component cables were how to get around HDCP. The downside would be finding some way to pass the audio (especially 5.1).

I thought using component cables were how to get around HDCP. The downside would be finding some way to pass the audio (especially 5.1).
Yep, that's right about component. It allows you to watch HDCP protected programming. If your TV doesn't pass muster with HDMI, it was the only way to watch HBO. I always had an AVR in the mix and I would use optic to get 5.1...

Well there was a time that certain content/channels became unavailable if the HDMI HDCP handshake didn't pass. That may have changed, I honestly don't know. I haven't kept up with it because I now use HDMI on everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)