HDMI-CEC Problem on HWS

david_jr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 7, 2007
Hancock, MA - The Berkshires
HDMI-CEC on my Family Room HWS has hijacked my Denon AVR. I went to watch a BluRay last night and I couldn't get my Denon AVR to stay on the BD input. It kept changing back to the Satellite input no matter how many times I did it. Then on of my kids told me that they had noticed this a couple weeks ago with the XBOX One so they changed the XBOX to direct to the TV. I thought it might be the HDMI-CEC on the HWS so I went in and turned it off and sure enough I had my AVR back. I haven't changed anything else in the setup and I have S529 which downloaded on 1/16/16. Today I asked my kids if the XBOX was working right since the change last night and they said it is working like it is supposed to again. Anyone else seeing this issue? It doesn't look like there is any settings in HDMI-CEC to tweak other than on and off. For now I will just go ahead and leave it off since I use a Harmony remote for that room.

Not sure. Not sure if it's been on all along or somehow got turned on either by the kids or by the last update. It has been off since I turned it off the other night and no further problems. However I am more concerned about it hijacking my AVR when it was turned on regardless of how it got turned on. It was like a ghost in the machine!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)