HDMI no longer working on 622

the_phew

Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
I have an EDTV plasma hooked up to my 622 via component cables, and a 720P LCD (Syntax Olevia) hooked up via an HDMI to DVI cable (the Syntax doesn't have native HDMI, but it DOES support HDCP). Both TVs are on Tuner 1. Audio is connected by splitting the optical out.

This setup worked great for the first two days, but today the HDMI feed on the Syntax stopped working; all I get is a blue screen. I tried changing resolutions and other options to no avail. I think the connection is working on the receiver side, because if I plug in the HDMI cable while the plasma is showing its programming over component, the image flickers for an instant (so it must be recognizing something over HDMI).

Does anyone have anything I could try? I couldn't find any HDMI diagnostic tools or anything, and if I can't get this to work, I'll either have to split the component signal (which I hear doesn't work very well) or settle for SD on one of the TVs. This is so frustrating because it worked for two days, and now nothing.

Thanks

I am suprised you got the HDMI to work at all with your Syntax! I have a Syntax LCoS 50inch procjection and I tried the DVI convertor for the HDMI and all I got was blue screen. I called tech support and they said it is old style and will not work with HDMI. Tv is brand new! Oh well, component looks good.

UPDATE: It looks like one of the pins on the HDMI cable is pushed in slightly, so it may not be making a proper connection. The pins are so tiny and close together, I can't find any tool to pull it back out. That may be the source of my problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts