HDMI on Hopper does not work properly.

Suppafreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Hello,

I have the hopper for several weeks now. Everything was working OK, but now every time I turn on the hopper the picture has a lot of pink color and no audio.

IMG_20120408_204110.jpg

The only way to get rid on it is to reset the receiver. My other devices that connected to the TV via HDMI display correct colors.

Has anyone have seen similar issues with their hopper?

Also, can one of the Dish CSRs on this forum contact me via personal message, so I can initiate the exchange process?

Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion. That did not worked for me. I can also switch the TV aspect ration from 1080 to 720 and back and that should fix it, but honestly I should not need to do this at all. It should work in the first place. Most likely I will call dish and request a new receiver.

I am seeing the same issue. Only happens when Hopper has been idle for hours.
I don't see any viable solutions. Never seen this with my 622's or 722's. Of couse they weren't 3D HDMI capable either.

Hello,

I have the hopper for several weeks now. Everything was working OK, but now every time I turn on the hopper the picture has a lot of pink color and no audio.

View attachment 76048

The only way to get rid on it is to reset the receiver. My other devices that connected to the TV via HDMI display correct colors.

Also, can one of the Dish CSRs on this forum contact me via personal message, so I can initiate the exchange process?

Thanks.

you guys need to contact DIRT or the Advanced Tech Support so that this software bug can be reported to their engineers.

I doubt it's a hardware issue. At best maybe try swapping out the HDMI cable (at least you'll have something to eliminate as a possible cause).

The more bug reports, the faster this gets taken care of.

I had this happen to me the other day (for the first time)

I changed the HDMI input via my remote control then back to the Hopper HDMI input and all was fixed. No reboot of the Hopper was necesary.

you guys need to contact DIRT or the Advanced Tech Support so that this software bug can be reported to their engineers.

I doubt it's a hardware issue. At best maybe try swapping out the HDMI cable (at least you'll have something to eliminate as a possible cause).

The more bug reports, the faster this gets taken care of.

How do you contact DIRT? Is it through the forum?

By the way this is also happens when the colors displayed correctly and switching PiP.

How do you contact DIRT? Is it through the forum?

on the main forum page towards the bottom, you can see the active dirt members who are on the forum in red color.

i only see mikeH active right now, but usually there's a couple: View Profile: mikeH_dishNetwork - SatelliteGuys - America's Satellite & Home Theater Technology Information Source!

just send them a private message for a bug report. They may ask for your account number so that they record the bug report with a specific account. Even forwarding a specific receiver id might be a good idea too.

Just FYI - I now how the 207 software, and haven't experienced the pink screen since. Almost two days! It was more than 50% of the time turning on the Hopper...

HDMI - Pink Screen

Well I have 207 software and I,m still seeing pink screens.

The issue is definetely the HDMI handshaking coming from the Hopper. I had a 722 DVR and never had this issue, only thing that changed was Dish network receiver to the Hopper.

I was able to improve from EVERY on-off to "random" pink screens by switching my Yamaha RX-v667 receivers HDMI "pass-through" to "OFF". But it still is a VERY aggravating problem.

Just FYI - I now how the 207 software, and haven't experienced the pink screen since. Almost two days! It was more than 50% of the time turning on the Hopper...

Hello,

View attachment 76048

Thanks.

I had the same issue a few days ago. I reset the rcvr and had the same issue. I ended up DOA'ing the rcvr. I wasn't about to burn through another 30 minutes trying to get through it.

I had a few lockups, including one PSOD. Some were definitely related to HDMI, as they happened when I fired up my Yamaha AVR, which sends an HDMI handshake.

But, they haven't happened at all after the 207 SW update. Unfortunately, I had contacted a DIRT member who immediately sent me a replacement Hopper. Now, I don't know whether to go through with the swap, or just send back the replacement and go with the original one that hasn't frozen in a while.

I'm having the same problem. I checked and our Hopper is already on 207 SW. A new HDMI cable didn't make any difference. Other then this issue Hopper been pretty good to us.

I've only had 2H/2J since yesterday, haven't encountered the PSoD yet, however on one of my TVs there was a vertical green line on the left of the screen when using HDMI. I pointed it out to the installer and he wasn't sure what to do. I told him don't worry about it I'll just switch to component later. Well, luckily, the green line disappeared and it looks great via HDMI. Hopefully that will be the only HDMI issue I ever encounter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)